Chicken gravy is one such familiar dish that is prepared by most of us. Also, there are more varieties and flavor in the chicken gravy, this time I have tried a mildly spiced and flavored chicken gravy which goes out well with chapathi, roti, paratha, parotta, pulao’s and biryani.
CLICK HERE for more Chicken Recipes (stew, curry, gravies, fry, rice, briyani)
White Chicken Gravy tastes delicious, also the butter and cashew nut paste in it gives a rich texture to the gravy, green chillies add mild spicy taste along with few spices. I have accompanied this white chicken gravy along with parotta and chicken 65. Let me share the recipe…
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #192 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener.
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Onions – 2 nos (medium size)
- Butter – 2 tbsp or Coconut oil – 2 ½ tbsp
- Coconut – 10 gms
- Green chillies – 1 ½ nos
- Poppy seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Fennel / Sombu – 1 ½ tsp
- Cashew nuts – 15 nos
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Ginger (1” inch stick) – 2 nos
- Kasoori Methi / Dried Fenugreek leaves (காய்ந்த வெந்தயக்கீரை) – 2 tsp
- Black or White pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Peel and finely chop the onions into pieces.
- Take coconut, ginger, garlic, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, green chillies all together and grind it to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Soak cashew nuts in water for 15 mins and grind it to a fine paste along with the water.
- Heat butter in a kadai or heavy bottomed vessel, add the onions and cook until the onions turn golden brown in color.
- Pour the ground masala and cook until the raw smell goes off or the oil starts floating on the top.
- Add the chicken pieces, followed by salt and cook for 2 mins.
- Pour a cup of water, cover and cook until the chicken in cooked.
- Pour in the ground cashew nut paste, mix it well and cook in low flame for a min.
- Crush the dried fenugreek leaves or kasuri methi within your palms, and sprinkle it over the gravy.
- Sprinkle pepper powder, mix it gently.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot along with any Indian flat breads.