Spooky Witches Finger is one among the most spooky and yummy dish for Halloween. I have already shared spooky witches finger with egg and now as we have party in our home with Apartment kids, there are few who go eggless and so this Eggless Spooky Witches Finger cookie.
CLICK HERE for more Halloween Recipes.
Eggless Spooky Witches Finger cookie is an easy and simple cookie to prepare, kids like this to be a part of their Halloween Party. I have prepared this cookie with whole wheat flour and also, it’s an eggless version, so a big boon for most of them to prepare. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #195 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener
- Whole wheat flour – 1 ½ cups
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Butter (room temperature) – ½ + 1 tbsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Almonds / Badam – 10 nos
- Red food colour – ¼ tsp
Making of Eggless Spooky Witches Finger / Halloween video recipe –
- Blanch the almonds and slice them into two equal halves.
- Mix 2 tbsp of water in red food color and soak the sliced almonds / badam to it.
- Make sure to use the butter only at room temperature.
- In a wide mouth bowl, sieve the wheat flour along with baking powder and keep it aside.
- Grind the sugar to a fine powder, add it to flour mixture.
- Add the butter to the flour, crumble well with your fingers.
- Pour milk little by little (1 tbsp at a time), and knead the flour to a dough.
- Roll the kneaded dough in a cling film, refrigerate for 15 mins, later remove it and wait for 5 mins.
- Dust the work area with flour, take a small portion of the dough, roll it length wise, give impression with fork, place a slice of almond/badam in one edge of the rolled dough. (looks like finger)
- Meanwhile preheat microwave to 180-degree C, grease a tray, place the rolled fingers over the tray and bake them at 180-degree C for 5 mins or until they are baked.
- Remove it the tray from the oven, let it rest for 10 mins, remove it to a plate and bring it to room temperature.
Store it in an air-tight container, once it reaches room temperature.
These look super creepy, thanks for sharing with FF:) Added them to my Halloween pinterest board.
Thanks a lot Monika
These look amazing Deepa! I loved that they are made of whole wheat and also how you have used the almonds! Happy halloween!
Thank you Sandhya