Dry Fruits Chicken Gravy is a most delicious, creamy, rich chicken gravy that is perfect to prepare during winters. Dry Fruits Chicken Gravy is mildly sweet, spicy and little tangy loaded with dry fruits and creamy texture. Dry Fruits Chicken goes out well with any Indian flat breads, best for lunch and ok for lunch.
More Cooking Videos of Chicken – CLICK HERE.
When I have too much of dry fruits and longed to prepare a chicken gravy for dinner, thought why not to prepare with dry fruits and here results this dish – Dry Fruits Chicken Gravy. Give a try and share your feedback with us…
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Butter – 1 ½ tbsp
- Onion – 1 no (medium size)
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Almonds / Badam – 5 nos
- Raisins (yellow + Black) – 10 nos
- Dates – 5 nos
- Prunes – 5 nos
- Black Pepper powder (I have used six medley pepper) – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Soak 7 cashew nuts and almonds in warm water for 20 mins, peel the skin of almond / badam and grind it to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Take 7 nos of raisins, 4 dates, 4 prunes in a bowl, soak in water for 10 min and grind it to a fine paste.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic pieces, keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a heavy bottom vessel or Kadai, add onions, garlic and cook until they start turning golden brown in color.
- Add chicken pieces, sprinkle black pepper along with salt, cook for 2 mins.
- Pour in the ground raisins mixture, cook for a min.
- Now pour a cup of water and cook until the chicken is soft and tender.
- Pour in the ground cashew nut mixture, cook for few mins or until the gravy thickens.
- Heat the leftover butter, chop the leftover cashew nuts, raisins, dates, prunes into pieces and add it, cook for few mins.
- Pour it to the gravy and remove it from fire.