Wishing everyone a Happy RakshaBandhan from Madraasi.
As of Ramzan, I have prepared this Royal Falooda right from the scratch which describes the making of rose jelly, rose milk, cooking falooda vermicelli and layering. Just like that I forgot to click pictures, so do check out my video for the texture and consistency. Let me share the recipe…
- Vermicelli (Thin vermicelli) – 25 strands
- Sabja seeds / Sharbhat seeds – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Agar-Agar / China grass – 5 gm
- Rose essence – 3 tbsp
- Milk – ½ litre
- Pistachios – 10 nos
- Vanilla Ice cream – 4 scoops
Making of Royal Falooda / Falooda –
- Soak sabja seeds in a cup of water for 20 mins or until it turns light grey in color.
- Soak pistachios in water for 30 mins, drain the water, peel of the skin, chop it to fine pieces and keep it aside.
- Boil the milk, pour a tbsp of rose essence followed by 3 tbsp of sugar. Cook until the sugar dissolves and the milk reduces to ¾ th of the quantity.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel, add the agar-agar/china grass, mix it well until it dissolves in water, pour a tbsp of rose essence, cook for 3 mins.
- Remove from fire, pour it to a bowl, let it rest for 30 mins so that it gets sets and reaches room temperature. Later refrigerate it for 20 to 30 mins.
- Remove it from the bowl and finely chop them into pieces, keep it aside.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a heavy bottom vessel, add the vermicelli and cook until it turns transparent and soft.
- Drain the water and rinse it in tap or cold water, keep it aside.
- Take a tall glass, add a tbsp of boiled vermicelli, followed by a tbsp soaked sabja seeds, followed by a tbsp of finely chopped rose jelly.
- Pour in the rose milk, until it ¾ th of the glass, add few pieces of finely chopped pistachios and top it with a scoop of icecream.
- Sprinkle few pieces of pistachios, rose jelly and dried rose petals.
Mango Cheese Cake is a rich, creamy dessert prepared with Mangoes. Mango cheese cake can be prepared in two forms, one with paneer and condensed milk whereas the other with milk, cream cheese and sugar. I have prepared this with paneer and condensed milk, as it was very easy and took less time to prepare.
Usually I like ❤ cheese cakes, but thought it would be a big process to prepare and due to my laziness never tried it. But this time when my son’s birthday was nearing and on the other hand my mango mania – resulted in this process. The result was best and when my kids had this, my son wanted me to prepare it for his Birthday party 😊
Mango cheese cake is an easy, simple and delicious dessert, also using condensed milk and cottage cheese/paneer saves time in the making and just takes 2 to 3 hrs to get chilled. Easy and simple dessert for parties, recently it was my son’s Birthday last Monday, I was requested to prepare around 40 mini cheese cakes by him. Let me share the recipe…
- Mango – 3 medium size (mangoes) or ½ kg
- Grated Paneer – 250 gms
- Condensed milk – 1 tin (quantity depends on the sweetness of the mangoes)
- Agar-Agar – 15 gms or Gelatin – 5 to 6 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Britannia Marie Biscuits or Milk Bikis – 15 to 20 nos
- Butter – 5 tbsp
- Bring the butter to room temperature, break the biscuits to pieces.
- Take the broken biscuit pieces, cinnamon powder and butter in a mixier and grind it to a fine powder.
- Transfer it to a bowl, mix it all together and keep it aside.
- Boil ½ cup of water in a sauce pan, add the agar-agar or gelatin and stir well until it dissolves.
- Remove it from fire once it dissolves, let it come to room temperature.
- Peel and roughly chop the mangoes, meanwhile grate the paneer.
- Blend mangoes and paneer together in blender by drizzling little water, to a fine paste.
- Pour in the condensed milk and grind it well.
- Pour the ground mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the agar-agar or gelatin mixture to the ground mango and mix it well.
- Take baking tray, add the biscuit mixture, make it as a bed on the tray.
- Pour the ground mixture over the biscuit layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hrs.
Slice and serve chilled by topping it with finely chopped mangoes and cherries.