Chicken 65 being one of the most common food among Indians, that can be prepared in minutes but only the masala matters here. Chicken 65 is can be consumed any time may be as a starter, side dish or a tea time snack. Also, chicken 65 goes out well with variety rice, meals may be a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian and also with parotta salna for dinner, I ❤ to have this combo which is deadly – Parotta, Salna and Chicken 65 served with thinly sliced onions.
Usually most of use store bought masalas, which has food color and preservative, this resulted me in preparing the masala at homemade with one more benefit as it has no ginger-garlic, you can also flavor them with vegetables or paneer.
I have already shared Chicken 65 Masala recipe, which has no ginger-garlic, no added color and no preservative. Hence this masala can be used in times of vrat to fry vegetables like plantain, gobi as gobi 65, paneer as paneer 65.
If you prefer you could add food color and ginger-garlic paste and marinate the ingredient before you deep fry them. Let me share the Chicken 65 recipe…
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Homemade Chicken 65 Masala – 3 ½ tbsp
- Curd / Yogurt – 1 ½ tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 ½ tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 4 sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Making of Chicken 65 using Home-made masala –
- Clean and roughly the chop the chicken to medium pieces.
- Separate the curry leaves from the sprig.
- Transfer the chicken to a large bowl, add the home-made chicken 65 masala, curry leaves, curd / yogurt, gin-garlic paste, lemon juice and required amount of salt.
- Mix well using your hands, so that the masala blends well with the chicken.
- Let it marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil in a kadai, gently drop in the chicken pieces and fry them on both sides.
- Once the chicken is fried, drain the oil and remove the chicken pieces to a plate.
- Serve hot with thinly sliced onions and lemon wedges.
Note: Make sure that the oil should be medium hot, so that the chicken remains juicy even after it’s fried. Once the oil is hot, chicken would be burnt and won’t be cooked inside. Adjust the level salt, as the masala itself has salt in it.
Coming to fish egg, most of us don’t eat, it was the same with me too. But recently when one of my friend told me about the taste and the richness of vitamin – D in it, I wish to give a try. Nowadays most of the kids play indoor with electronic devices, we could see here and there white spots in their face, I too experienced the same. When I consulted Doctor about this, she told its lack of vitamin – D, as they are not exposed to sunlight. So, after coming across the richness of Vitamin – D in Fish egg, gave a try and since it was my first time, I checked with my neighbor (hometown – Tuticorin), about the cleaning and how to cook and this resulted in Fish Egg fry or Fish Egg Bhurji.
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #160 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener.
Fish Egg fry or Fish Egg Bhurji is very delicious, healthy, simple and can be made in minutes. It melts in mouth and so very easy way to make kids consume them. This can be served along with any variety rice or steamed rice and rasam or with chapathi and Idly. Let me share the recipe…
- Fish egg – 350 gm
- Onions – 2 nos
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split black gram / Split Black lentil – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strands
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Making of Fish Egg Fry / Fish Egg Bhurji / How to make Fish Egg fry –
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Clean the fish egg in water, drain the water and chop them into fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, split black gram and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add onions followed by ginger-garlic paste and cook until they golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and cumin powder, cook for few mins until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the fish egg followed by salt and start stirring it well, so that gets cooked and scrambles well.
- Keep on stirring, so get perfect scrambled fish egg / fish egg bhurji.
- Remove from fire, when they turn golden brown in color.
Serve hot for lunch or dinner along with any variety rice or steamed rice and rasam or chapathi and Idly.