This kozhukattai is prepared early in the morning every Tuesday’s of Aadi month, women do Pooja by offering this to Goddess and later they have it only with the female members of their family. I do not know the reason behind this, my mom insists me not even show the kozhukattai to the male members of the family. I knew my grandfa likes this a lot, so I just drop these kozhukattai one by one to his mouth with a condition – “close your eyes” (to satisfy my mom as she says male members of the family should never see this kozhukattai) :P, a lovely memory.
A very simple and easy kozhukattai, which can be made in minutes and are served with pieces of coconut. Also I have seen people calling it mani kozhukattai. You can also prepare it for Vinayagar Chathurthi and offer for Vinayaga. Let us move on to the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Kolukattai / Kolakattai recipes and CLICK HERE for Aadi perukku / Aadi pathinettam perukku recipes.
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Coconut pieces – ½ cup
CLICK HERE for Aadi pathinettam perukku recipes and celebrations.
- Sieve the rice flour in a wide mouthed bowl or vessel.
- Heat the water in a saucepan, bring it to boil. Remove from fire.
- Pour the water little by little to the flour and stir it well with a wooden spoon.
- Mix it with water, until it reaches to the rolling consistency.
- Now grease your hands with ghee, and take small portions of the dough and roll them to small balls.
- Steam these rice balls in a steamer (I have used idly vessel to steam the balls).
- Open the lid and check whether it’s steamed (the balls would look shiny or cut a ball and check out whether it fully steamed).
Serve with coconut pieces.
CLICK HERE for more Kolakattai / Kolukattai / Kozhukattai recipes.