Dumplings are cooked balls of dough. They are based on flour, potatoes or bread and filled with meat, fish, vegetables, fruits or sweets. They can be cooked by boiling, steaming, simmering, frying or baking. As usual when I started trying out something different, I found out this Apple Dumpling recipe and got ready for preparation.
Apple Dumplings are warm, flaky, apple sweet and with a sauce that bakes right with them. These are not difficult to make, just a little consuming. Serve hot with the sauce or ice cream or whipped cream. Here the apples are chopped and stuffed in the crescent rolls with cinnamon and sugar and baked in orange juice with sugar and butter.
- Apple – 2 nos
- Cinnamon powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Butter – ½ cup
- White sugar – ¾ cup
- Orange juice – 3 cups
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Crescent dough – as required
- Finely chop the apples into very small pieces.
- Take apple pieces, cinnamon powder and a tsp of butter in a bowl and mix them all together.
- Now make the crescent dough into small balls and flatten them like chapathi.
- Keep the apple pieces in the centre of the dough and roll them to desired shape.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree c.
- Pour orange juice, white sugar and butter in a sauce pan and bring them to boil.
- Sprinkle on the top with cinnamon powder and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour the sauce in a baking tray and keep the dumplings in it.
- Bake them in 180 degree c for about 15 mins. Bake till they turn golden brown colour.
Serve hot with the syrup or serve chilled with Ice cream.