Usually my kids like to have creamy desserts, and also when I got to see strawberries in season with street vendor, like to curate a dessert with strawberry. This resulted in my strawberry fool, more creaminess with little crunchiness would pair well and so resulted my Cardamom Pistachios Short Bread Fingers.
CLICK HERE for more dessert recipes.
Name looks big and complicated but this dessert gets ready in 30 mins, which feels more heavenly, delicious. More over a perfect dessert for FEBRUARY – Surprise your love with this dessert. Do check out the video link for the right texture and color. Let me share the recipe…
Strawberry Fool with Pistachios and Cardamom Short Bread Fingers
- All-Purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Butter – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Pistachios (finely chopped) – 12 nos
- Cardamom powder – ¾ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Strawberry – 15 nos
- Sugar for Strawberry fool – ¾ cup
- Whipping cream – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Making of Strawberry Fool with Cardamom and Pistachios Short Bread Fingers –
- Wash and chop the strawberry into pieces, pour a cup of water in a sauce pan, add the strawberries and lemon juice. Leave it to boil.
- Blanch the pistachios and finely chop them to pieces.
- Add sugar, give a stir when the strawberries are almost cooked.
- Cook until it thickens and the strawberries comes to mashing consistency.
- Beat the whipping cream until it forms soft perks, add the mashed strawberry and fold it well until it blends well.
- Drop it to a small glass, refrigerate it for few mins.
- Take a bowl, add the all-purpose flour/maida, butter, sugar and crumble them well with your fingers.
- Add the blanched pistachios and cardamom powder, knead it well to a ball.
- Wrap it in a cling film, and refrigerate for 10 to 15 mins.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180-degree C.
- After 10 mins, dust the working platform with all-purpose flour, take a small portion of the dough and roll it gently.
- Cut them into rectangle (finger shape) and bake it at 180-degree C for 10 mins or until it starts turning golden brown in color.
- Now take the refrigerated glasses, slide the shortbread fingers, sprinkle little finely chopped strawberries and pistachios.
Recently we did cake mixing with Dry fruits and Nuts, and so next its cake making right? Here comes the Non-Alcoholic Christmas cake with VIDEO from the SCRATCH (including the video of Caramel syrup).
As Christmas, Christmas cake is being the hero but imagines about the NON-ALCOHOLIC Christmas cake. It was divine and tastes heavenly, I am sure it with vanish in minutes in your home. Even now it’s not late, start soaking nuts and dry fruits now, and prepares the cake by tomorrow. I would say that the Christmas cake tastes best after 24 to 48 hrs. I would go for 48 hrs, but with kids I am sure it would not be possible. So I prepared three small cakes and a big one, small one can be consumed by them immediately and the bigger one after 48 hours.
If you dint soak the dry fruits and nuts – CLICK HERE for Non-Soak Version of Non-Alcoholic cake Christmas Cake
Christmas Cake / Non-Alcoholic Chrsitmas Cake
Give a try, check out our VIDEO, as I have told earlier, it’s you who where I am today, so do LIKE, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE to our YOUTUBE Channel for more easy and simple videos.
“MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR” from MADRAASI
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 cups (300 gms)
- Eggs – 5 nos
- Powdered Sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Butter – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Sugar – ½ cup (for Caramel)
- Soaked Dry fruits and nuts – 1 ¼ cups
- All spice powder – 1 tsp (cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and ginger in equal proportion)
- Salt – ¼ tsp
Making of NON-ALCOHOLIC CHRISTMAS CAKE –
- Sieve Maida/All-purpose flour, salt and baking powder all together and keep it aside.
- Take a wide mouth bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar together, until the sugar dissolves and let it rest for few mins.
- Meanwhile start preparing CARAMEL SYRUP – heat a dry kadai, add the sugar, keep on stirring until the sugar melts and starts turning black in color. Once it turned dark black in color, pour ¼ cup of water immediately and turn off the flame. Keep on stirring for few seconds (else the sugar could form crystals) CLICK HERE for video of texture and consistency.
- Pour the caramel syrup to the butter, sugar mixture and beat well until the caramel syrup gets blended well.
- Pour the eggs to the caramel syrup + butter mixture and beat until the eggs become fluffy.
- Add the all spice powder and beat for few seconds.
- Meanwhile take a small portion of the sieved flour, add the dry fruits and nuts to the flour and crumble it well.
- Pour the leftover soaked fruit juice to the caramel + egg+ butter mixture and beat for 2 mins.
- Now add the sieved flour little by little and start folding them (make sure no lumps are formed).
- Finally add the crumbled nuts and dry fruits and fold them well.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease a tray.
- Pour the cake batter to the tray and bake at 180 degree C for 15 mins or until the tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it rest in the baking tray until it reaches room temperature and then remove it to a plate.
Let it rest it room temperature for 24 to 48 hrs and then serve it.
As most of us are looking out for healthy recipes, but like to have desserts especially when it comes to cakes, who say no? So thought of making a healthy cake, this resulted in my vegan Coffee Cake with walnuts. Already I shared my Coffee Cake with Nutty crunch and this cake is very special and completely different from that as it has no eggs, no butter, no sugar, and no milk and prepared with wheat flour/atta.
This cake is very healthy dessert and good not only for weight watchers, but also for diabetes people. Also this tastes yum, and has the soft and fluffy texture which would be liked by everyone. Enjoy your winter by giving a try to this healthy and delicious Vegan Coffee Cake. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more baking recipes.
Awwww. Its Friday, taking my cake to Fiesta Friday #149 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Vegan Coffee Cake with Walnuts
- Wheat flour / Atta – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Walnuts – ½ cup
- Oil – 1 cup
- Black Coffee – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Organic Brown Sugar – 1 cup
Making of Vegan Coffee Cake with Walnuts –
- Sieve the wheat flour, cinnamon powder, salt and baking powder, all together in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Crush or finely chop the walnuts to pieces and keep it aside.
- Take a wide mouth bowl, pour oil, black coffee, lemon juice and add the organic brown sugar, mix it well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Take 2 tsps of sieved flour and keep it aside.
- Add the leftover sieved flour to the black coffee mixture, little by little and fold them well without any lumps.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease the cake tray.
- Add the walnuts to the reserved sieved flour and mix it well. Make sure that the walnuts have got coated well with the flour.
- Add walnuts along with the flour to the cake batter and mix it well. Refer the above video for the consistency.
- Transfer the cake batter to the greased tray and bake it for 5 to 10 mins or until a tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean at 180 degree C.
- Once baked, let the cake rest for 5 mins and transfer the cake to a plate.
Serve hot or at room temperature or chilled. Perfect for a tea-time or perfect for brunch with a scoop of ice cream.