Gingerbread is one most familiar recipe during winters and a must for Christmas and New Year feast. When I got see most of my blogger buddies sharing Gingerbread Men cookies, thought of sharing something different from that and this resulted me for this Gingerbread Cake.
Gingerbread cake consumes almost 5 mins more than the regular cakes, but it tastes heavenly, smells winter with moist texture and beautiful color. Let me share the recipe here, why wait, give a try and feel the winter before it moves off.
CLICK HERE for more Christmas and New Year recipe and CLICK HERE for more baking recipes.
- All-Purpose flour – 2 ½ cups
- Brown sugar- 2 cups
- Vegetable oil – 1 ¾ cups
- Molasses / Palm Jaggery sryup – 3 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Cooking soda – ½ tsp
- Cloves powder – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Eggs – 3 nos (room temperature)
- Butter milk – 300 ml
- Milk – 150 ml
- Salt – ¼ tsp
Making of Gingerbread Cake –
- In a wide mouth bowl, sieve all-purpose flour, baking powder, cooking soda, cinnamon powder, salt, cloves powder and dry ginger powder, all together and keep it aside.
- In another bow, break the eggs, add brown sugar and beat it until the sugar dissolves.
- Add molasses/palm jaggery syrup followed by vegetable oil, butter milk and milk by beating them at regular intervals of time.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease the baking tray.
- Add the sieved flour little by little to the wet ingredients and fold them gently (make sure no lumps are formed).
- Pour the batter to the baking tray and bake at 180 degree C for 10 mins or until the tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer it to plate, once it comes to room temperature.
Serve at room temperature.
- Cream cheese – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – ¾ cup
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature, transfer it to a bowl, add the powdered sugar and beat it well until the sugar dissolves.
- Cut the cake into two equal halves, spread the cream cheese frosting over a piece of cake and cover it with the other piece.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting all over the cake and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hrs.
Cut and serve chilled.