As valentine’s day is nearing and being a food blogger thought of preparing a cookie or cake which binds to different dough, and when combined together gives a mass hit. Like how when two different people combine together in life and give a mass hit as a couple.
CLICK HERE for more Baking Recipes
Marbled rose cookies has wonderful flavor, excellent fragrance and melts in mouth, goes out well with a cup of milk. Also it’s very simple and easy to prepare right from beginners till everyone. Give a try and make your valentine surprise this valentine’s day with marbled rose cookies. It’s Friday and let me take it to Fiesta Friday #156 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner. Let me share the recipe…
Marbled Rose Cookies – Valentines Recipe
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Butter – ½ cup
- Egg – 1 no
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Rose food colour – few drops
- Salt – ¼ tsp
Making of Marbled Rose Cookies –
- Take a wide mouth bowl, crack the eggs, pour the vanilla essence, sugar, butter and beat it well, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the salt, maida/all-purpose flour little by little and start folding them gently together with your hands.
- Roll it to a ball, divide it to two equal portions, add rose food color to one portion and knead it well.
- Now combine both the dough and knead it softly.
- Dust the working platform with flour, flatten the dough and cut it to desired shape.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180-degree C and bake it for about 8 mins at 180-degree C.
- After baking, let it rest for 5 to 10 mins, and then gently remove it from the tray.
Store it in an air-tight container once it reaches the room temperature. Stays fresh for 2 weeks.
Usually my kids like to have creamy desserts, and also when I got to see strawberries in season with street vendor, like to curate a dessert with strawberry. This resulted in my strawberry fool, more creaminess with little crunchiness would pair well and so resulted my Cardamom Pistachios Short Bread Fingers.
CLICK HERE for more dessert recipes.
Name looks big and complicated but this dessert gets ready in 30 mins, which feels more heavenly, delicious. More over a perfect dessert for FEBRUARY – Surprise your love with this dessert. Do check out the video link for the right texture and color. Let me share the recipe…
Strawberry Fool with Pistachios and Cardamom Short Bread Fingers
- All-Purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Butter – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Pistachios (finely chopped) – 12 nos
- Cardamom powder – ¾ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Strawberry – 15 nos
- Sugar for Strawberry fool – ¾ cup
- Whipping cream – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Making of Strawberry Fool with Cardamom and Pistachios Short Bread Fingers –
- Wash and chop the strawberry into pieces, pour a cup of water in a sauce pan, add the strawberries and lemon juice. Leave it to boil.
- Blanch the pistachios and finely chop them to pieces.
- Add sugar, give a stir when the strawberries are almost cooked.
- Cook until it thickens and the strawberries comes to mashing consistency.
- Beat the whipping cream until it forms soft perks, add the mashed strawberry and fold it well until it blends well.
- Drop it to a small glass, refrigerate it for few mins.
- Take a bowl, add the all-purpose flour/maida, butter, sugar and crumble them well with your fingers.
- Add the blanched pistachios and cardamom powder, knead it well to a ball.
- Wrap it in a cling film, and refrigerate for 10 to 15 mins.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180-degree C.
- After 10 mins, dust the working platform with all-purpose flour, take a small portion of the dough and roll it gently.
- Cut them into rectangle (finger shape) and bake it at 180-degree C for 10 mins or until it starts turning golden brown in color.
- Now take the refrigerated glasses, slide the shortbread fingers, sprinkle little finely chopped strawberries and pistachios.
As most of us are looking out for healthy recipes, but like to have desserts especially when it comes to cakes, who say no? So thought of making a healthy cake, this resulted in my vegan Coffee Cake with walnuts. Already I shared my Coffee Cake with Nutty crunch and this cake is very special and completely different from that as it has no eggs, no butter, no sugar, and no milk and prepared with wheat flour/atta.
This cake is very healthy dessert and good not only for weight watchers, but also for diabetes people. Also this tastes yum, and has the soft and fluffy texture which would be liked by everyone. Enjoy your winter by giving a try to this healthy and delicious Vegan Coffee Cake. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more baking recipes.
Awwww. Its Friday, taking my cake to Fiesta Friday #149 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Vegan Coffee Cake with Walnuts
- Wheat flour / Atta – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Walnuts – ½ cup
- Oil – 1 cup
- Black Coffee – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Organic Brown Sugar – 1 cup
Making of Vegan Coffee Cake with Walnuts –
- Sieve the wheat flour, cinnamon powder, salt and baking powder, all together in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Crush or finely chop the walnuts to pieces and keep it aside.
- Take a wide mouth bowl, pour oil, black coffee, lemon juice and add the organic brown sugar, mix it well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Take 2 tsps of sieved flour and keep it aside.
- Add the leftover sieved flour to the black coffee mixture, little by little and fold them well without any lumps.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease the cake tray.
- Add the walnuts to the reserved sieved flour and mix it well. Make sure that the walnuts have got coated well with the flour.
- Add walnuts along with the flour to the cake batter and mix it well. Refer the above video for the consistency.
- Transfer the cake batter to the greased tray and bake it for 5 to 10 mins or until a tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean at 180 degree C.
- Once baked, let the cake rest for 5 mins and transfer the cake to a plate.
Serve hot or at room temperature or chilled. Perfect for a tea-time or perfect for brunch with a scoop of ice cream.