Recently during our trip to Kanyakumari, after a long walk and site seeing, we wanted to have something refreshing and thought of having soda, but the shopkeeper recommended us to have their nungu sharbhat.
Also do check out my Nungu Milkshake, Nungu Payasam (kheer) with Video, Nungu Crumble prepared by my son, Pistachios Nungu Mousse.
Nungu Sharbhat / Ice-Apple cooler / Toddy Palm Cooler – Summer Recipes
Nungu Sharbhat is a natural coolant, which refreshes people during summer and also helps in digestion after a long day work. Also it’s very tasty and healthy to have, as nungu is a seasonal fruit and summer is about to go, give a try to this nungu sharbhat as soon as possible. I have prepared two versions of this sharbath both with soda/sparkling water and the regular one.
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #173 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
CLICK HERE for more summer recipes and CLICK HERE for more Beverages recipes.
- Nungu (hard – 4 no’s, soft – 3 no’s) – 7 no’s
- Nannari / Sarsaparilla Syrup – 5 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Sugar (optional) – 3 tsp
- Sabja / Falooda seeds – 4 tbsp
Making of Nungu Sharbath / Ice-Apple cooler / Toddy palm cooler –
- Soak falooda/sabja seeds in water for 20 mins.
- Peel the hard nungu’s and grind it to fine paste by sprinkling little water.
- Peel and finely chop the soft nungu’s to fine pieces and keep it aside for topping.
- For regular version – Take a glass, add 2 to 3 tsps of nungu paste, pour 2 tbsp of nannari syrup, a tbsp of lemon juice and water. Mix it well, so that the nungu paste blends well with the juice, add a tbsp of soaked sabja / falooda seeds. Top it with finely chopped nungu pieces, refrigerate and serve chilled.
- For Soda version – Take a glass, add 2 to 3 tsps of nungu paste, pour 2 tbsp of nannari syrup, a tbsp of lemon juice and sparkling water. Mix it well, so that the nungu paste blends well with the juice, add a tbsp of soaked sabja / falooda seeds. Top it with finely chopped nungu pieces and serve chilled.
Wednesday’s are Exotic with Madraasi and so this wednesday it’s going to be another Summer Coolant – “Tender Coconut (Elaneer) Custard with Summer Fruits”. Give a try and I am sure everyone of you would like this. CLICK HERE for more Exotic Recipes and subscribe with us for our youtube channel.
Summer Fruits in Tender Coconut Custard
Today onwards do not throw off the Tender Coconut meat after drinking the water, so that yu can prepare this yummy, delicios and summer coolant. give a try and refresh yourself with this summer and Beat the heat with this Tender coconut custard.
CLICK here for the recipe –
Wednesday Calls for EXOTIC, last week it was Idiyappam Paya / Stringhoppers and Lamb Trotters I made for Exotic wednesday – give a try and CLICK HERE for that Link and today it’s going to be more exotic as – the recipe is a summer coolant and the main thing is my son HIRESH is preparing this dish NUNGU CRUMBLE for you.
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #167 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Idiyappam Paya / StringHoppers and Lamb Trotters
CLICK HERE for more SUMMER RECIPES.
Already I have shared Nungu / Ice-Apple Crumble with Lemon juice and sugar, this year with Palm Jaggery sryup and Nannari Syrup. Give a try guys and beat the heat with the natural products. Let me share the recipe…
Nungu / Ice-Apple Crumble
- Nungu / Ice-Apple – 15 nos
- Palm Jaggery syrup – 1 tbsp
- Nannari syrup – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 ½ tsp
Making of Nungu / Ice-Apple Crumble with 3 versions –
- Peel all the nungu together, transfer it to a bowl, crumble them well with your hands.
- Divide them to equal proportion in 3 bowls.
- Add palm jaggery sryup along with 2 tsp of lemon juice, mix it well and serve chilled.
- Add nannari syrup along with a tsp of lemon juice, mix it well and serve chilled.
- Add the leftover lemon juice and sugar, mix it well and serve chilled.