Banana Oats Smoothie is one such healthiest protein drink that you can have for breakfast. Banana, oats helps a lot in body building with their protein content, more over they also develop the muscles and strengthen our bones. Also, it would be more filling as you take a cup of it, so it would perfect fit the weight watchers also. To make it healthier, I have induced protein powder (proteinex or B-Protein). Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Beverage recipes and CLICK HERE for more Breakfast recipes.
Banana Oats Smoothie
- Banana – 1 no
- Oats – 2 tbsp
- Protein powder (Proteniex or B-Protein)– 2 to 4 tsps
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Milk – 100 ml
Making of Banana Oats Smoothie –
- Boil the oats in water, for 5 to 10 mins. Remove from fire, let it rest and come to room temperature.
- Take a mixer jar, pour the boiled oats, milk, add protein powder and sugar, grind it to a fine paste.
- Transfer it to glass and serve chilled.
With boiled oats, banana
with protein powder
All grounded together
Banana Oats Smoothie
Note: You can increase the quantity of protein powder, and the texture can be made smoother by adding extra milk if you prefer.
Masala Tea literally means “mixed spice tea”, this tea is made by brewing tea with a few of the aromatic spices. A perfect tea for winter and during rainfall. One of the most authentic and traditional Indian beverage, which is been a worldwide popular and is found in many coffee shops. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other Beverages recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Coriander seeds – 1 ½ tbsp
- Ginger – 2 “inch stick
- Black pepper – 1 ½ tsp
- Cloves – 5 nos
- Cardamom – 4 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 no (2” inch stick)
- Tea powder – 3 ½ tsp
- Milk – ½ litre
Spices to be ground
Coarsely grounded spices
Spice powder getting boiled in tea
with tea powder
- Take all the spices together in a blender and blend them to a coarse paste.
- Boil the milk and keep it aside.
- Boil a cup of water, add in the coarsely ground paste, cover with the lid and let it boil for 2 mins.
- Pour in the boiled milk, cover with the lid and keep in low flame for 5 mins.
- Remove the tea from the fire and strain the residue.
Serve hot with snacks.
Sukku Malli Kappi is one among the traditional and authentic medicinal / herbal beverage among Tamilians. I am a great fan of this kappi from my childhood, my neighbor use to prepare this very often and so I use to have at their home. Sukku means Dried ginger, malli means Coriander – this sukka malli coffee is flavored with karupatti / palm Jaggery. As of now many of the people have forgotten this kappi, as we all look out for something which is very easy, simple and less time consuming, so we are behind instant coffee and never knew the values and taste of this kappi.
Everyone loves this coffee to the core including kids, because of its taste and aroma which fills not only the house but also pulls your neighbor. I would call it, “A Heavenly Drink”.
Health benefits: An excellent home remedy for indigestion and also prevents the bloated feeling in stomach, rich in iron because of the content of Palm jaggery in it, a comforting drink during cold and also helps in relieving chest congestion.
Do check out my Beverage recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/.
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #88 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Let us move on to the recipe…
Sukku Malli Kappi
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dry ginger / Ginger powder (Sukku) – a small pieces / 1 tsp
- Water – ½ litre
- Palm jaggery / Karupatti – 150 gm
- Filter Coffee powder – 1 ½ tsp
Making of Sukku Malli Kappi / Dry ginger Coriander Coffee –
- Crush the coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle.
- If you are using dry ginger, crush it together with coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle, I have used Dry ginger powder.
- Crush the palm jaggery into small pieces or crumbles.
- Heat the water in a sauce pan, add in the crushed palm jaggery when it starts boiling.
- After 5 mins, add in the crushed coriander seeds and dry ginger powder, cover and let it boil for 2 mins.
- Add in the coffee powder, cover and let it boil for 5 mins.
- Remove from fire, strain the coffee.
Water getting boiled
Palm Jaggery (Karupatti)
Getting boiled with palm jiggery (karuppati)
With dry ginger powder, crushed coriander seeds and coffee powder
Sukku Malli Kappi / Dry Ginger coffee
Note: You can adjust the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste, may be palm jaggery or dry ginger. You can substitute palm jaggery with regular (coconut jaggery) when you don’t have palm jaggery, but it tastes little different. You can also use palm sugar candy (panagarkandu) instead of palm jaggery.