Egg hoppers are nothing but hoppers made with egg. Eggs are broken at the center of the hoppers, sprinkled with salt and cooked. Let us move on to the recipe…
Muttai appam / Egg Hoppers
- Pour appam batter in the appam pan.
- Rotate the pan, to make the batter stick to the sides of the pan.
- Break egg in the centre of the appam, sprinkle salt.
- Cover ans cook in medium flame, till the egg is cooked.
Serve hot with stew (chicken or vegetable). I have accompanied this with chicken stew.
Sandwich are always hot with people who are short of time, so I prefer mainly these sandwich are breakfast for kids, since they rush up and have no time. We can make our favourite sandwich by using the stuff we like. We can make good fusion sandwiches by combining different flavours. Keep this in mind here I combined panner with herbs for stuffing, which was healthier.
Spicy Panner Sandwich
- White Bread / Brown Bread – 4 slices
- Panner – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Butter – 2 tbspsp
- Black salt – ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
Panner with spice powders
Crumbled panner on bread
Spicy Panner Sandwich
- Crumble the panner with your hands.
- Finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Put the coriander leaves, chilli powder, garam masala, salt, black salt, black pepper powder. Mix them all together with the panner.
- Take the bread slices and brush them with butter.
- Spread this panner mixture and cover it with another bread slice.
- Brush them with butter on the top of slices and toast them in a sandwich toaster.
Serve hot with mayonnaise and jam.
Muskmelon contains lot of water and vital nutrients. Juicing the melons helps to cool the body during summers and also provides us with healthful benefits. Make sure to wash muskmelon skin before chopping them, since they are covered with edible wax to prevent moisture loss. Muskmelon juice should be consumed within 15-20 mins of extraction to prevent loss of nutrients. It is a valuable food medicine in the treatment of hyperacidity, gastric and ulcers.
- Muskmelon / Cantaloupe – 1 no
- Sugar or Honey – to taste
- Cinnamon powder – a pinch
- Wash the muskmelon. Chop the melon.
- Separate them from the skin and chop them to medium pieces.
- Take them in a mixer with honey or sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Grind them to a smooth paste without water.
Serve them chilled or at room temperature.