Creamy Garlicky Prawn Spaghetti is one such rich, creamy and delicious dish made in minutes. Already I have shared White sauce pasta and Tomato pasta, this is one more addition to my pasta collection. Creamy Garlic Prawn Pasta is liked by all the kids and so it’s being one among the finger licking dish between the kids.
Creamy Garlic Prawn Pasta recipe / Creamy Garlicky Prawn Spaghetti recipe
It is very simple, easy to prepare and its creamy nature comes from the butter, fresh cream in it. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Seafood recipes. Taking it to Fiesta Friday #189 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Pasta / Spaghetti – 200 gms
- Green peas – 100 gms
- Prawns – 250 gms
- Onion – 1 o
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Mixed Italian herbs – 2 tsp
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Red chili flakes – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 4 stalks
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream – 150 ml
Making of Creamy Garlic Prawn Spaghetti –
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic, clean and devein the prawns and keep it aside.
- Boil 5 cups of water, add the spaghetti and green peas followed by a tsp of oil and ½ tsp of salt.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a heavy bottom vessel, wait until it melts.
- Add the onions and garlic, cook until they turn golden brown in color.
- Add prawns followed by salt, half the quantity of Italian herbs and red chilli flakes, cook until the prawn in half cooked.
- Add maida / all-purpose flour, cook for a min, pour a cup of water and cook in medium flame.
- Once the sauce starts thickening, pour the fresh cream, followed by half the quantity of coriander leaves, cook for 2 min in low flame.
- Meanwhile drain the water from the spaghetti and green peas, add it to the sauce, sprinkle leftover Italian herbs and red chilli flakes.
- Cook in low flame for 2 mins, remove it from fire and garnish it with the leftover coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Honey Glazed chicken.
Wishing everyone a Happy Vinayagar Chaturthi
Usually all of us prepare modak or kozhukattai using rice flour, but this time thought of preparing with millets. Tried out with ragi/finger millet and kambu / pearl millet flour, it came out well, and prepared a very easy poornam with coconut and sugar. Everyone in my home liked it including my kids. So, shared the making of Millets modak dough with both Ragi or Finger millet (ragi modak dough / finger millet modak dough) and Kambu or Pearl millet (Kambu kozhukattai maavu recipe / Bajra modak dough) which will be useful for beginners, do check out the video below…
How to make kozhukattai maavu / How to make Modak Dough / How to make millets modak dough / How to make siruthaniya kozhukattai maavu
Millets Modak recipe / Millets Kozhukattai recipe – Vinayagar Chaturthi recipes
Making of Millets Modak Recipe / Millets Poorna Kozhukattai Recipe –
Millets Modak is very easy and simple to prepare, also it takes just few mins but the healthiest ones. When the whole running behind millets to stay fit and healthy, why not our Ganesha? Let us make something different but healthy and celebrate the festival.
CLICK HERE for more Vinayagar Chaturthi recipes and CLICK HERE for more Kozhukattai recipes.
Let me share the recipe…
- Kambu / Bajra / Pearl Millet Flour (store bought) – 1 cup
- Ragi / Finger Millet flour (store bought) – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar or Crushed Jaggery – ¾ cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
Making of Millets Modak / Millets Kozhukattai –
- Dough preparation: Take the flour separately in separate bowl, add ½ tsp of salt. Boil 2 cups of water, it should form bubble (right consistency else the kozhukattai will break into pieces). Pour the water little by little to the flour, mix it with a spoon or wodden ladle, when its warm knead softly with your hands, roll it to dough and let it sit for 2 mins.
- Meanwhile let us start preparing the stuff, mix grated coconut, sugar and cardamom powder.
- If you don’t have mould, no issues you flatten the dough in between your plams, place the stuffing in the centre and roll it to ball or shape it to modak.
- When you have mould, grease the mould with oil, close it, insert a small portion of dough, gently make a whole in the centre of the dough and stuff the filling to the modak and cover it. (Refer video for this stage).
- Steam the modak for 5 mins in steamer, remove it from fire.
When few of my followers wanted quinoa recipes, my friend who has quinoa most of the time, these made me give a try to quinoa. My friend always says that quinoa has loads of health benefits along with the weight loss fact, why not to give a try – “One Stone but Two Mangoes”. Here starts my first quinoa recipe – Eggless Quinoa Nutty Pancake.
Eggless Quinoa Pancake / Eggless Nutty Quinoa Pancake
Eggless Quinoa Nutty Pancake is a delicious, yum, healthy and most commonly suits everyone from kids till elders. I have infused nuts along with this pancake to get little crunchiness, a trick to make kids consume nuts. I have boiled the quinoa and used in the pancake, you can also save time by boiling it in your free time, following by refrigeration, so that it stays fresh for few days.
CLICK HERE for more Breakfast recipes. Taking it to Fiesta Friday #175 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener.
Eggless Quinoa Nutty Pancake is super soft, fluffy, made with whole wheat flour, infused with nuts and coconut milk for more taste. It is an perfect breakfast for school going kids, weight watchers, protein lovers and health conscious people. Let me share the recipe…
- Quinoa – ½ cup (uncooked) or 1 cup (cooked)
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Honey or Maple syrup – 5 tbsp
- Walnuts – 10 nos
- Badam / Almonds – 10 nos
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Coconut milk – ¾ cup
- Light brown sugar or sugar – ½ cup (optional)
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Butter – 4 tbsp.
Making of Eggless Nutty Quinoa Pancake –
- Rinse the quinoa in water for 4 to 5 times, otherwise it would give slight bitterness to the dish.
- Boil 3 cups of water, add the rinsed quinoa, cover and cook until the quinoa turns soft and fluffy. It would increase in size once its boiled.
- Crush the walnuts and almonds/badam to a coarse powder and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of boiled quinoa, wheat flour, a tbsp. of butter, baking powder, salt, pour in the honey, coconut milk and milk, mix it all together and make sure no lumps are formed.
- Heat a pan, add ¼ tsp of butter, spread it all over the pan, pour a spoonful of batter, at the center of the pan and spread it gently to a small circle.
- Drizzle butter along the sides and little over top of the pancake.
- Cook only in medium flame, otherwise it would get burnt.
- After it starts leaving the sides of the pan, gently flip the side and cook on both sides.
- Again drizzle, ¼ tsp of butter along the sides of the pan.
- Remove it from fire, once it cooked.
Wheat flour, honey, boiled quinoa getting mixed
With baking powder
With milk and coconut milk
With crushed nuts
Batter almost ready
Batter to tawa
Gently spreading it
Getting cooked on the other side
Eggless Quinoa Pancake / Eggless Nutty Quinoa Pancake
Serve it hot with Honey or Maple syrup or Palm jaggery syrup or Hershey’s chocolate syrup. I have served it with palm jaggery syrup, as I have not added sugar to it.