Carrot is one of the vegetable which kids love to eat. When it comes for eating rice, they make lot of fuss. Considering they getting leaned towards carrot thought of preparing carrot rice or Pulav. This would be a perfect food for lunch box, and thus caters the need of kids and helps moms to cook a healthy food for their kids. Let us see how to prepare this carrot rice…
- Grated Carrot – 1 cup
- Steamed Rice – 2 cups
- Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 1 no
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 6 pods
- Garam Masala – 1tbsp
- Cashew Nuts – 10 nos
- Salt to taste
Making of Carrot Rice / Carrot Pulao –
- Finely chop the garlic into pieces and slit the green chillies to two equal halves.
- Heat a Kadai and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves and wait until they crackle
- Add cashew nuts, green chilli, finely chopped garlic and cook for a min.
- Add the grated carrot, garam masala, salt and cook until they golden yellow in color.
- Add the steamed rice, stir it well and cook for few mins or until the rice becomes dry.
- Remove from fire.
Serve hot with onion raita or any veg fry. I have served it with spicy green peas fry – Stay tuned for the recipe.