Recently my daughter has gone crazy towards paratha and she wants me to try out something new in paratha’s for dinner. This resulted in today’s mooli paratha – nothing but I have stuffed paratha with fried grated mooli with green chilies. A healthy, delicious dinner not only for kids but for everyone. Let us move on to the recipe…
Mooli Paratha / Radish Paratha
- Mooli/Radish – ½ kg
- Green chilies – 1 no
- Garam Masala / Curry Masala – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Wheat flour / Atta – 3 cups
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
With grated radish, green chilies and curry masala
Getting stuffed in paratha
Rolled to a ball
About to flatten
Mooli Paratha / Radish Paratha
Mooli Paratha / Radish Paratha served with spicy boondi raita and tomato ketchup
- Peel and grate the radish, squeeze out the water in the radish with your hands. Slit and finely chop the green chilies.
- Heat ½ tsp of oil in a kadai, add in the cumin seeds, grated radish, garam masala, green chilies followed by salt, cook until the radish becomes dry.
- In a mixing bowl, take the wheat flour with required amount of salt, make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in ½ cup of water and start kneading the dough to a ball, add water if required.
- Pour in a tbsp of oil over the dough and knead it for few mins, then roll it together to a ball.
- Make medium sized ball out of the dough, spread flour over the rolling pan and flatten the dough with the rolling pin.
- Take a spoon full of grated radish and keep it in the centre of the dough, roll it again gently by dusting the flour.
- Heat oil in the griddle, gently place the paratha and drizzle oil around the paratha.
- Swap the sides and cook both the sides.
Serve hot with any dips. I have served it with Boondi (spicy/kara boondhi) Raitha and Tomato Ketchup.
Note: You can substitute chili powder with green chilies or can leaves of the green chilies.
Also check out my Aloo Paratha, Gobi Paratha, Methi Paratha, Soya chunks Paratha and Spinach Paratha.
I prepare Chapathi’s very often for dinner; my daughter loves to have something different from the usual one (like me). As usual, I was staring at the refrigerator what to do, found some spinach, so planned to try out this spinach paratha.
It is common among kids when it comes to spinach, particularly my son he avoids spinach. However, my daughter she has spinach but a very less quantity, even this happened after I told her that if you take spinach your skin would glow and you will look beautiful.
Therefore, this spinach paratha would be a good source for not only kids, but also adults in the intake of spinach. Everyone knew the benefits of spinach; I used Red Spinach / Amaranthus dubius, are good source of Vitamins C and A, being low in calories. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Red spinach / Amaranthus Dubius – a bunch
- Wheat flour – 200 gm
- Garlic clove – 3 nos
- Salt to taste
- Water – as required
Spinach getting blanched
Grounded spinach paste
With wheat flour
With spinach paste, spinach water and wheat flour
Dough is ready
Rolled for paratha
Spinach Paratha with Mashed Potato Dip
- Blanch the spinach: Remove the leaves, wash in running water. Drain the water. Boil a cup of water, add in the spinach and garlic with little salt, and wait for few mins until they turn dark in colour.
- Separate the leaves from water, keep the water aside. Bring the spinach to room temperature and then blend it to a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Take the wheat flour with little salt, add in the spinach paste, and mix well.
- Pour in the reserved spinach water to the flour and start kneading the flour, add water little by little and knead it a big ball.
- Pour in a tbsp of oil over the ball, knead softly for few mins, and cover it with the wet cloth for 20 mins.
- Take the flour into small pieces and roll them to small pieces.
- Roll them in a rolling pin.
- Heat oil in the tawa, gently place the rolled paratha over the tawa and cook them in medium flame.
- Swap the sides and continue cooking.
- Remove from fire, once cooked.
Serve hot with raita, dips or any gravy. I have accompanied this with Mashed Potato Dip.
This lunch box consists of Coconut milk rice, Shahi Egg curry and Chapathi. Already, I have all posted Coconut milk rice; also it’s been a hit not only in my kitchen also among my hubby’s colleagues and my daughter’s friends. Now right on my daughter’s wish I have planned to prepare this rice along with rich gravy
Also this has been a mega hit. Let us move to the menu and click on the food for recipes.
Coconut milk rice, Shahi Egg curry and Chapathi