Chicken 65 being one of the most common food among Indians, that can be prepared in minutes but only the masala matters here. Chicken 65 is can be consumed any time may be as a starter, side dish or a tea time snack. Also, chicken 65 goes out well with variety rice, meals may be a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian and also with parotta salna for dinner, I ❤ to have this combo which is deadly – Parotta, Salna and Chicken 65 served with thinly sliced onions.
Usually most of use store bought masalas, which has food color and preservative, this resulted me in preparing the masala at homemade with one more benefit as it has no ginger-garlic, you can also flavor them with vegetables or paneer.
I have already shared Chicken 65 Masala recipe, which has no ginger-garlic, no added color and no preservative. Hence this masala can be used in times of vrat to fry vegetables like plantain, gobi as gobi 65, paneer as paneer 65.
If you prefer you could add food color and ginger-garlic paste and marinate the ingredient before you deep fry them. Let me share the Chicken 65 recipe…
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Homemade Chicken 65 Masala – 3 ½ tbsp
- Curd / Yogurt – 1 ½ tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 ½ tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 4 sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Making of Chicken 65 using Home-made masala –
- Clean and roughly the chop the chicken to medium pieces.
- Separate the curry leaves from the sprig.
- Transfer the chicken to a large bowl, add the home-made chicken 65 masala, curry leaves, curd / yogurt, gin-garlic paste, lemon juice and required amount of salt.
- Mix well using your hands, so that the masala blends well with the chicken.
- Let it marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil in a kadai, gently drop in the chicken pieces and fry them on both sides.
- Once the chicken is fried, drain the oil and remove the chicken pieces to a plate.
- Serve hot with thinly sliced onions and lemon wedges.
Note: Make sure that the oil should be medium hot, so that the chicken remains juicy even after it’s fried. Once the oil is hot, chicken would be burnt and won’t be cooked inside. Adjust the level salt, as the masala itself has salt in it.