My mom use to prepare this Chicken Kurma very often, when served with idly it tastes delicious. I love this kurma a lot, also kids love this to core because of it’s mild spiciness and taste. We use to call this “Pachai kulambu(Green curry)”. Let us move on to the recipe…
Serves – 8 people
Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Big onion – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp (or as per your taste)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaf – a strand
- Coconut (shredded or pieces) – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Anise/Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green chillies – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – ½ inch
- Cloves – 2 nos
Making of Chicken Kurma / Chicken Korma –
- Clean the chicken. Cut into small pieces.
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Grind all the ingredients together listed under the grinding list to a fine paste by adding water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add in the mustard, cumin seeds, curry leaves and wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add in the chicken, turmeric powder and salt and cook for few mins.
- Now pour the grounded paste and cook for few mins or until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour 2 cups of water and wait till it boil, pressure-cook for 2 whistles.
- Remove the lid, when the pressure subsides and serve hot.
Serve hot with Idly, dosa, rotis, puri and chapathi. Goes well for breakfast and dinner.