As it getting cold, most of us feel to have food in form of liquid but healthy, nutritious and filling. Sweet corn chicken soup is one such soup which is packed with protein, healthy, and easy to digest during winters.
Not only me but most of like this sweet corn chicken soup, due to the crunchiness of chicken, corn and it’s rich creamy texture. Give a try and let me share the recipe…
I use to share any of my latest to Fiesta Friday and this Friday since I was out of city, wish to take mine to the Fiesta Friday #199 party hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
CLICK HERE for more soup recipes.
- Chicken – 100 gm
- Onion – 1 no
- Sweet corn – 2 handful
- Spring onions – 4 strands
- Black pepper powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Egg white – 2 nos
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per your taste
- Butter – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Heat 3 to 4 cups of water in a heavy bottom vessel, add chicken and sweet corn once the water starts boiling.
- Sprinkle salt to it and cook until the chicken and sweet corn becomes soft and tender.
- Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic and keep it aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the stock from flame, and remove all the chicken pieces from the stock.
- Separate the chicken meat from the bones and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy bottomed in a kadai, add onions and garlic and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add spring onions, pour soy sauce, chicken pieces and cook for a min.
- Pour in the stock along with sweet corn, sprinkle black pepper powder and bring it to boil.
- Meanwhile mix corn flour in 3 tbsp of water, and pour it to the soup and cook for a min or until the soup thickens.
- Pour in the egg white and beat it well with fork for 2 to 3 mins.
- Remove it from fire and garnish with spring onions.