I rarely prepare whole roasted chicken, but after the you tube channel, this was my first time in the making of the whole roasted chicken. Just like that thought of preparing the whole roast with stuff for this Christmas and this resulted in my roasted and stuffed whole chicken.
Usually most of us feel this full roast chicken as a very difficult dish, but I would say that it very easy and simple to prepare. The key to this recipe is the marinate mix and the time to marinate. Do check out the video given below for the making, and make your Christmas so special.
It’s Friday and I am taking it to Fiesta Friday #150 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener.
You can also marinate the chicken overnight, but the stuffing should be done only just before you cook. The chicken was heavenly and we all loved it to the core. Don’t throw away the stock leftover after the cooking – stay tuned for the recipe…
Also do like and subscribe with us for more upcoming videos, as your appreciation would be the best booster and encouragement for me. Let me share the recipe…
- Whole chicken (2 kg) – 1 no
- Chicken Stock – 500 ml
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Butter – 5 gm
- Mint – 4 sprigs
- For Marinate (Indian Style):
- Yogurt / Curd – 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 3 tbsp
- For Stuffing:
- Onions – 1 no
- Tomato – 1 no
- Potato – 1 no
- Boiled eggs (I am using quail) – 5 nos
- Sesame / gingelly oil – 1 tsp
Making of Whole Roasted Stuffed Chicken –
- Clean the chicken and remove all the other parts inside the chicken.
- Take a bowl, add all the ingredients given under marinate, and mix well.
- Make small slits all over the chicken, rub marinate all over the chicken all over the nook and corner including the inner area (use your hands).
- Marinate chicken for minimum an hour and maximum overnight.
- Peel and finely chop the onions. Peel and finely chop the potato pieces, soak it in water (to avoid decolorization).
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the onions, tomato and cook for a few mins.
- Add the potatoes followed by ½ tsp of chilli powder, ½ tsp of coriander powder and salt.
- Cook for few mins or until the potatoes are roasted well.
- Add the eggs and roast for few mins.
- Remove from flame.
- Roasted Chicken:
- Take the chicken and stuff it with the stuffing prepared.
- Meanwhile, preheat the chicken to 18o degree C.
- After stuffing, sew the chicken with twine and make sure that the stuff doesn’t comes out.
- Place the chicken, in a baking tray, pour the stock and vinegar around the chicken, sprinkle half the quantity of pepper powder over the chicken and place few sprigs of mint over the chicken and sprinkle the rest over the stock.
- Grill in microwave for 20 to 30 mins, for every 10 mins, turn the side of chicken upside down and continue cooking.
- Remove from microwave, once the chicken is completely cooked.
- Carefully remove the twine and pull out the stuff.
Serve hot by cutting them into pieces.
Note: You can use the leftover stock from the chicken as a soup.