Mango is known as the “King of Fruits”, even though most of us hates summer there is a reason where everyone expects for summer – It’s none other than these Mangoes. Not only kids, most of us love mangoes because of its sweetness. As its seasonal fruit and we get only on summers, we can prepare squash, jam, chutney and refrigerate it for our future use.
Mango squash is a golden, pulpy and sweet liquid prepared very easily at our home. The only thing here is refrigerate them in a sterilized bottle and store them for long life. Let me share the recipe…
For other summer recipes, click here and for grapefruit squash recipe click here.
- Mangoes – 2 nos (medium size)
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Mango juice getting filtered
Mango juice to sugar syrup
Mango squash almost done
Mango squash with water and falooda seeds
- Peel and chop the mangoes roughly to small pieces.
- Blend them well to a fine paste with ¼ cup of water.
- Bring a litre of water to boil in a sauce pan.
- Add in the sugar, stir well until it dissolves and cook for 10 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice and cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, filter the mango juice in a bowl.
- Pour in the mango juice and cook in medium flame for 15 mins or until it reaches thick or squash consistency.
- Remove from the fire, leave it aside and bring it to room temperature.
- Transfer the squash to a sterilized bottle and refrigerate for months.
How to serve: Mix equal quantity of squash and chilled water and serve chilled or Soak 1 tsp falooda seeds or sharbhat seeds in ½ cup of water and top it with the juice (squash mixed with water) and serve chilled.
As I have shared in my earlier post that my hubby likes Ice Tea to the core, and this Lemon Ice Tea being his all-time favorite after a fantastic and heavy meals. Beautifying my summer meals with a flavorful, aromatic and yummilicious Lemon Ice Tea.
Click here for Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
A very simple, easy and less time consumption summer drink, with a little piece of ginger for a kick to digestion. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #118 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
For my other summer recipes click here and for other beverages recipes click here.
Lemon Iced Tea
- Lemon – 5 nos
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Tea powder – 3 tsp
- Ginger – 1 “inch stick – 2 pieces
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Mint – 2 sprigs
- Take 2 cups of water in a bowl, along with sugar, keep in medium flame and cover with the lid.
- Halve the lemon and squeeze out the juice, keep it aside.
- Wash and separate the 5 to 7 mint leaves from the sprig and keep it aside.
- Bring it to boil, once starts boiling crush the ginger and cardamom, add it to the boiling water along with the separated mint leaves.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins, remove from fire, add in the tea powder, cover with the lid and let it rest for a min.
- Filter the tea and keep it in a separate glass.
- Take a glass, drop a long sprig of mint, add in the ice cubes, pour in ½ cup of tea, 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and ¼ cup of water and garnish with lemon wedges.
Note: You can add increase or decrease the quantity of lemon juice and sugar, as per your taste buds.
When it comes to Iced Tea, I would say my hubby is a Iced Tea Maniac, right from the day of marriage whenever he gets a chance for Iced Tea he would straight away place the order. But I took these many years for preparing in this Iced Tea for our Tea Time. My daughter and my niece also liked it to the core. Feeling happy when I came across to know that today is #NationalTeaDay.
Plum Cardamom Iced tea was too good and the punch of cardamom and ginger added more flavor to the tea. We felt like having something ice cold (Chill Chill) in this boiling summer afternoon. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other beverages recipes in this link: Beverages
Preparation Time – 5 mins
Cooking Time – 10 to 15 mins
Yields – 2 tall glass
Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
- Plum – 3 nos
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Cardamom – 3 pods
- Sugar – 3 tsp
- Tea powder – ½ tsp
Plum getting cooked with sugar, cardamom and ginger
Plum syrup ready
Tea getting brewed
Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
- Rinse and chop the plum into small pieces. Rinse and slightly crush the ginger and cardamom.
- Take 3 cups of water in sauce pan, bring it to boil, add in the plum pieces, crushed ginger, sugar and cardamom.
- Cover with the lid, cook in medium flame until the plum is cooked (mashing consistency).
- Meanwhile in another bowl, boil 2 cups of water, remove from fire once the water starts boiling.
- Add in the tea powder to the water, cover with the lid and let it rest for 5 mins.
- Strain the tea with a tea strainer, keep it aside and wait till it comes to room temperature.
- Remove the lid, once the plum is cooked and remove the sauce pan from fire.
- Strain the syrup, keep it aside and wait until it comes to room temperature.
- Take a glass, add in little pieces of boiled plum, followed by ice cubes.
- Fill half the glass with plum syrup and half the glass with tea.
Note: You can also refrigerate the plum syrup in air tight bottle and use it whenever you are in need of Plum Cardamom Iced Tea.