Hung Curd is nothing but the curd is made to hang in a cloth, which helps in draining all the water and only the thick portion of the curd stays there, which can be used for variety of dishes. Most of them think this a very difficult process and buy packed ones, but this process is very easy. It consumes little time, when you are in need of hung curd you can prepare them the day before and store it in refrigerator. Let me share the recipe, also don’t forget to check out the video…
- Curd / Yogurt – 1 cup
- White cloth
- A small bowl
Making of Hung Curd / Hung Yougrt / Thick curd at home –
Spread the cloth over a bowl or shallow plate, pour the curd/yogurt over it, bring all the edges of the cloth together and squeeze out the water. Tie the cloth with the thread and hang it over or you can hang it in refrigerator by placing a bowl or a shallow plate below the cloth to avoid the water splitting. Hanging in refrigerator avoid the curd getting more sour in taste.
Egg Drop Curry is one among the most common curry prepared among all south Indian families for lunch. There are two versions of Egg Drop curry prepared in my home, now let me share how to prepare the Egg Drop Curry with Coconut, by infusing few spices.
It’s Friday, am taking it to Fiesta Friday #157 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
CLICK HERE for more Egg Recipes.
Egg Drop Curry / Udaichivitta Muttai Kulambu
Egg Drop Curry / Udaichivitta Muttai kulambi is very easy and simple to prepare in minutes, that to as I am infusing coconut it gives a wonderful texture to the curry. Apart from lunch this curry goes out well with hoppers (Appam) and string hoppers (Idiyappam) Let me share the recipe…
- Egg – 4 nos
- Onions – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 no
- Ginger (1” inch stick) – 1 piece
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Coconut pieces or grated – a handful
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Fennel / Perunjeeragam – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Making of Egg Drop Curry / Udaichivitta Muttai Kulambu –
- Peel and finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Take ginger, garlic, cinnamon stick, coconut pieces, ¼ tsp of cumin seeds, fennel seeds and gring them to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, split black gram, leftover cumin seeds and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add the onions and cook until they start turning golden brown in color.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add all the spice powder followed by salt and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour the ground coconut masala, cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour 1 to 2 cups of water, cover and bring it to boil.
- Remove the lid, once starts boiling, break the eggs carefully to it. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook for 5 mins or until the egg is cooked.
- Remove the lid, cook in medium flame until the curry thickens and the oil floats on the top of the curry.
Serve hot with steamed rice or Hoppers (appam) or String Hoppers (idiyappam).