Corn Flour Halwa is a very easy, simple and ready in minute’s halwa, compared to all the other halwa’s. Corn Halwa is prepared in many color by adding food color, like green, yellow, orange or red. Corn Flour Halwa has a glassy appearance, which melts in mouth with delicious taste and little crunchiness of Cashew nuts induced in the halwa. Let me share the recipe…
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #140 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Corn Flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup + 1 ½ cups
- Ghee / Clarified butter – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Cashew nuts – 15 nos (broken into pieces)
- Food Color (red) – ¼ tsp
Making of Corn Flour Halwa / Bombay Halwa / Karachi Halwa –
- Take corn flour and food color in a wide mouth bowl, pour 1 ½ cups of water, mix well, so that the corn flour dissolves well in water and make sure no lumps are formed.
- Meanwhile, take sugar in a heavy bottom pan or kadai, pour 1 cup of water, and mix well until the sugar dissolved.
- Cook in medium flame, until it thickens (not sugar syrup consistency, before reaching sugar syrup consistency).
- Pour the corn flour water, keep on stirring otherwise lumps would be formed.
- Cook in medium flame, meanwhile heat ghee/clarified butter in a kadai, add the cashew nuts and fry them until they turn golden brown in color.
- Pour the roasted cashew nuts and ghee to the corn flour, mix well, until it comes to the halwa consistency.
- Grease a tray with a tsp of ghee/clarified butter and transfer the halwa to the tray, spread it evenly with the backside of the spoon, sprinkle cardamom powder and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Now gently slice the halwa into equal shapes.
Serve hot or at room temperature.