Aamras is one such delicious and a must dish when you collect Mango recipes, easy, simple and delicious dish. This can also be added to dishes where you feel like inducing the flavor of mango. Most commonly this is served along with Poori and also it goes well with any Indian flat bread.
Aamras / Mango Puree / Aamras for Poori
The color and taste of the dish depends on the taste and color of the mangoes, but well-ripen mangoes are most recommended for the dish. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Summer recipes and CLICK HERE for more Mango Recipes
- Mangoes – 2 nos
- Dry Ginger powder – ¾ tsp
- Sugar – 4 tsp
Making of Aamras –
- Peel and roughly chop the mangoes.
- Take mangoes and sugar together in a blender and grind it to fine paste. (sprinkle little water while you grinding).
- Transfer it to a bowl, sprinkle dry ginger powder (sukku podi) and whisk it well, so that it blends well with the dip.
- Transfer it to a bowl and refrigerate as it stays fresh for 2 to 3 weeks.
Note: You can also substitute water with milk while grinding, but the shell life will be for few days.
Mashed Potato Dip is one of my favorite dishes, all of a sudden on one rainy day I prepared this dish when I found some mashed potato lying in my refrigerator. I accompanied this Mashed Potato Dip with Spinach Paratha. The dip was too good; this goes out well with tossed bread or used as a spread for sandwich. Let us move on to the recipe…
Mashed Potato Dip
- Potato – 100 gm
- Mayonnaise – 50 gm
- Garlic cloves – 4 nos
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Salt to taste
Mashed potato, Mayyonaise, garlic cloves and salt
With coriander leaves
Mashed Potato Dip
Spinach Paratha with Mashed Potato Dip
- Chop the potatoes into medium pieces and pressure-cook them in water for two whistles.
- Open the lid, when pressure released and drain the water. Pour in a cup of tap water or cool water, peel of the skin and keep the potatoes aside.
- Gently mash the potato with your hands.
- Take the mashed potato, mayonnaise, and salt and garlic cloves together in a blender and blend the well.
- Wash and finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Transfer the ground paste to a bowl, add in the finely chopped coriander leaves, and give a mix.
- Do not disturb it for 20 mins, give a stir and serve.
This goes out well with parathas, sandwich and as a dip for fried dishes.
During this trip to Bangalore from Tuticorin, I was about to have lots and lots of farm fresh tomatoes (Natti Tomatoes), so thought of preparing dishes with tomatoes since they were getting ripen day by day. I love homemade tomato jams, since the day had it in my childhood on few of the marriages. Finally concluded in trying out Tomato Jam and this was my first time in preparing Jam, so I handled with more care. Really felt fresh when the aroma of Jam fills out the whole house, time by time the colour which starts turning blood red was attractive and last but not least but the most important thing the taste which was sweet and tangy, unbeatable Tomato Jam. The only thing here is since I used Natti (Country) tomatoes there were lots and lots of seeds, but it was also crunchy in between of each and every slurp.
It’s Friday, so taking this to Angie’s Fiesta Friday #59.
- Tomatoes – 500 gm
- Sugar – 200 gm
Tomatoes skin getting peeled in hot water
Reduced in quantity and changing in colour
Add sugar at this stage
Reduced in quantity, got thicken and changes in colour.
- Boil water in a wide mouthed vessel. Remove from fire, drop in the tomatoes one by one and cover with the lid.
- In 5 mins, you could see the skin of the tomatoes peeling out.
- Drain the water and drop it to the cold water. Peel the skin of the tomatoes.
- Blend it well in the blender.
- Pour it in a heavy bottomed vessel and start stirring it once in a while.
- Wait till the tomato pulp gets thicken and becomes dark red in colour.
- Add in the sugar and give a stir continuously, so that the jam does not stick to the bottom of the vessel.
- Keep in low flame; wait till the jam separates the vessel.
- Bring it to room temperature and store it in refrigerator it will stay fresh for week’s time.