I use to prepare this orange syrup once in a month and store it in the refrigerator for week’s time and use this as a dip for bread, idli and dosa. Kids love this lot. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Orange – 3 nos
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Water – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Squeeze the oranges and store the juice and keep it aside.
- Take this orange juice, sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and allow it to boil.
- Add in the butter and boil, it comes to the syrup consistency.
Note: You can refrigerate it for a week’s time. Can serve as dip with many dishes, kids love this a lot.
This tomato chutney is a blend of tomatoes and garlic. Can be served as dip for snack and parathas.
Tomato dip / Tomato Chutney
- Gingelly oil – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 3 nos
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Curry leaves – a string
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
Tomato dip getting cooked
Garlic Tomato dip
- Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Grind tomatoes and garlic with little salt in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard, blackgram and curry leaves. Wait till the crackle.
- Pour in the grounded paste and let it boil and wait till the oil separates and the colour changes to dark red.
Serve hot. Store it in an airtight container and refrigerate, after it comes to room temperature. It would stay good for a day in room temperature. You could refrigerate for a week.