Mango is known as the “King of Fruits”, even though most of us hates summer there is a reason where everyone expects for summer – It’s none other than these Mangoes. Not only kids, most of us love mangoes because of its sweetness. As its seasonal fruit and we get only on summers, we can prepare squash, jam, chutney and refrigerate it for our future use.
Mango squash is a golden, pulpy and sweet liquid prepared very easily at our home. The only thing here is refrigerate them in a sterilized bottle and store them for long life. Let me share the recipe…
For other summer recipes, click here and for grapefruit squash recipe click here.
- Mangoes – 2 nos (medium size)
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Mango juice getting filtered
Mango juice to sugar syrup
Mango squash almost done
Mango squash with water and falooda seeds
- Peel and chop the mangoes roughly to small pieces.
- Blend them well to a fine paste with ¼ cup of water.
- Bring a litre of water to boil in a sauce pan.
- Add in the sugar, stir well until it dissolves and cook for 10 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice and cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, filter the mango juice in a bowl.
- Pour in the mango juice and cook in medium flame for 15 mins or until it reaches thick or squash consistency.
- Remove from the fire, leave it aside and bring it to room temperature.
- Transfer the squash to a sterilized bottle and refrigerate for months.
How to serve: Mix equal quantity of squash and chilled water and serve chilled or Soak 1 tsp falooda seeds or sharbhat seeds in ½ cup of water and top it with the juice (squash mixed with water) and serve chilled.
Getting the name watermelon juice, what everyone would expect is the usual watermelon juice. But recently I had a little spicy and sweet version of watermelon in a restaurant. Also I want to try it at home, gave a try and the juice was fabulous.
I have induced little black pepper powder and salt to enhance more flavor to the juice. A perfect coolant which helps a lot in digestion. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/ and check out this link for other beverage recipes: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Watermelon – 2 cups
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – as needed
- Take the roughly chopped watermelons, deseed them and blend them well to a fine juice.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt, 3 tsp of sugar and ¼ tsp of black pepper powder and again blend them well.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.
Muskmelon is one among my favorite fruit, a very source of coolant for summer. It’s one of the summer fruit and available in all fruit shops in India. When it comes to my kids, it’s hard to make them consume fruits, but they love milk to the core and so here comes my Muskmelon Milkshake. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other milkshake in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
Taking it to the fiesta friday #111 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderener.
Musk Melon Milkshake
- Muskmelon – ½ cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 drop
- Chop the muskmelon into small pieces.
- Take muskmelon and blend well in the blender to a fine paste.
- Pour in the milk along with a drop of vanilla essence and sugar, blend well for few mins.
- Finely chop a pieces of muskmelon for garnish.
- Transfer the milk shake to a glass and top it with finely chopped muskmelon.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.