Banana Oats Smoothie is one such healthiest protein drink that you can have for breakfast. Banana, oats helps a lot in body building with their protein content, more over they also develop the muscles and strengthen our bones. Also, it would be more filling as you take a cup of it, so it would perfect fit the weight watchers also. To make it healthier, I have induced protein powder (proteinex or B-Protein). Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Beverage recipes and CLICK HERE for more Breakfast recipes.
Banana Oats Smoothie
- Banana – 1 no
- Oats – 2 tbsp
- Protein powder (Proteniex or B-Protein)– 2 to 4 tsps
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Milk – 100 ml
Making of Banana Oats Smoothie –
- Boil the oats in water, for 5 to 10 mins. Remove from fire, let it rest and come to room temperature.
- Take a mixer jar, pour the boiled oats, milk, add protein powder and sugar, grind it to a fine paste.
- Transfer it to glass and serve chilled.
With boiled oats, banana
with protein powder
All grounded together
Banana Oats Smoothie
Note: You can increase the quantity of protein powder, and the texture can be made smoother by adding extra milk if you prefer.
Mango is known as the “King of Fruits”, even though most of us hates summer there is a reason where everyone expects for summer – It’s none other than these Mangoes. Not only kids, most of us love mangoes because of its sweetness. As its seasonal fruit and we get only on summers, we can prepare squash, jam, chutney and refrigerate it for our future use.
Mango squash is a golden, pulpy and sweet liquid prepared very easily at our home. The only thing here is refrigerate them in a sterilized bottle and store them for long life. Let me share the recipe…
For other summer recipes, click here and for grapefruit squash recipe click here.
- Mangoes – 2 nos (medium size)
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Mango juice getting filtered
Mango juice to sugar syrup
Mango squash almost done
Mango squash with water and falooda seeds
- Peel and chop the mangoes roughly to small pieces.
- Blend them well to a fine paste with ¼ cup of water.
- Bring a litre of water to boil in a sauce pan.
- Add in the sugar, stir well until it dissolves and cook for 10 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice and cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, filter the mango juice in a bowl.
- Pour in the mango juice and cook in medium flame for 15 mins or until it reaches thick or squash consistency.
- Remove from the fire, leave it aside and bring it to room temperature.
- Transfer the squash to a sterilized bottle and refrigerate for months.
How to serve: Mix equal quantity of squash and chilled water and serve chilled or Soak 1 tsp falooda seeds or sharbhat seeds in ½ cup of water and top it with the juice (squash mixed with water) and serve chilled.
Getting the name watermelon juice, what everyone would expect is the usual watermelon juice. But recently I had a little spicy and sweet version of watermelon in a restaurant. Also I want to try it at home, gave a try and the juice was fabulous.
I have induced little black pepper powder and salt to enhance more flavor to the juice. A perfect coolant which helps a lot in digestion. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/ and check out this link for other beverage recipes: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Watermelon – 2 cups
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – as needed
- Take the roughly chopped watermelons, deseed them and blend them well to a fine juice.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt, 3 tsp of sugar and ¼ tsp of black pepper powder and again blend them well.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.