Basic chocolate cupcake in vegan, is very easy and simple to prepare. As of Halloween I have given spooky icing like Spider web, Witches Eye and Devil. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Halloween Recipes.
- All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – ¼ cup
- Water – 1 ¼ cups
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- For Icing – I have used Pillsbury Creamy Vanilla Icing – 1 box
- Take a wide mouth bowl, sieve all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, all together.
- Take another bowl, add the brown sugar, pour water, vegetable oil, vinegar and beat all these together until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the sieved ingredients to the wet ingredients, little by little and fold it gently (make sure to fold only in one direction).
- Meanwhile pre-heat microwave to 180-degree C, place the cupcake liner to the cupcake tray, fill half the cupcake liner with the cupcake batter.
- Bake at 180-degree C for few mins or until the tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove it from microwave, let it rest until it reaches the room temperature.
- Open the icing box, mix it well, transfer it to a piping cone using a spoon, and squeeze it over the cake as you desire.
- Refrigerate the cakes for few mins, once it’s done.
- For witches’ eye – I squeezed out the icing to a circle at the center of the cake and placed a Choco chip at the center.
- For Devil – I have squeezed icing all over the circle, placed a red color flavored almond for eyes and then a Choco chip in the center.