Already few months back I have discussed about #Foodventures in one of my post, let me share that the contest in on , and when it comes to a dinner with Michelin Star Chef – Vikas Khanna or Food Connoisseur – Vir Sanghvi, who will end up trying with one adventure. Now this comes with Food Topics – my 2nd post getting under Sweet and Spicy.
When it comes sweet and spicy, my mind strike only for dessert, as of summer vacation and kids at home. Due to summer, now every one of us try hard to keep us cool and so me. Finally got struck with Ice creams and this resulted me to take a challenge with a Sweet and Spicy Ice Creams. Recently I have tried out Mint Ice creams and it was such a hit not only in home, family and among friends but also with my followers.
Now my brain started to work on the ingredients, as my fellow foodie friends Naveen and Sangeeta Das, suggested me to give a try with Raw Mango and Chili, after the mint ice cream. I kept dragging in the preparation, and now this is the right time for preparation. But they want me try out raw mango ice cream and Chili Ice Cream. But after this topic, I thought why we don’t combine both raw mango and Chilies into an ice cream
Now I am ready for the adventure with food and this is called FOODVENTURE. The main aim of the #foodventure is to spread the passion in food. I tried out my “RAW MANGO CHILI ICE CREAM”, I don’t want to mention that there is something different but everything is different in this Ice Cream.
The Ice Cream came out to its own perfect texture, one could feel the flavor of raw mango and chili and when it melts in the mouth we can feel the tingling taste of raw mango with little sweetness, and punch of green chili.
The secret of the taste is “Too much of anything is good for nothing”, so be sure with the right quantity of raw mango, green chilies and sugar getting induced in the Ice Cream. When something induced much, you will miss the punch in the Ice Cream.
Not only it’s me and my hubby, also my kids liked to have this Ice Cream. A must to try and also friends, like me each and every one of you would have a good and wonderful adventure with food. Feel free to share your adventure on Foodventures by Axis Bank Dining Delights and a person with the best foodventure will have dinner with Michelin Star Chef – Vikas Khanna and Food Connoisseur – Vir Sanghvi.
Let me share my recipe…
- Full fat milk – 1 cup
- Fresh cream – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup + 1 tbsp
- Raw Mango – ¾ cup
- Green chili – 1 no (medium sized)
- Salt – a pinch
- Pour the milk in a wide mouth bowl, pour in the fresh cream and mix them well.
- Grind the sugar to a fine powder, keep it aside.
- Add in the sugar to the bowl and whisk it well, until the sugar gets dissolved.
- Take ¼ cup of mango pieces, pinch of salt and half the green chili in a blender, blend them well to a fine paste by pouring in 2 tbsp of water.
- Pour in the mango paste to the milk mixture and whisk them well until it becomes fluffy.
- Grate rest of the raw mango pieces and keep it aside.
- Sprinkle half the quantity of grated mango pieces to the milk mixture, whisk it.
- Pour the milk mixture to an air tight container and freeze it for 5 to 6 hrs.
- After 6 hrs, blend the leftover mango pieces and the green chili, with a tbsp. of water to a fine paste.
- Remove the container, scrap the ice cream, transfer it to a blender and blend the well with the mango paste until fluffy.
- Add in the leftover grated mango to the ice cream, whisk it well.
- Pour it to an air tight container and freeze it for another 6 to 8 hrs.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer, scoop the ice cream and serve chilled.
Serve chilled with a sprig of mint leaves.
Do check out this video for more details about the #Foodventure – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXFbD1xYgI