Being a home maker, mother, and now a blogger, I expect perfection in all my work so that at least I can get my best. Moreover being a self-satisfied person I like to do all my work by myself. I love to have a environment clean and tidy, even having a maid, once in a month or before any special occasion, I use to clean my whole house by myself with the help of maid. Cleaning is not at all a tough job, but when it comes to kitchen I am very curious in cleaning, because of the crawling insects.
Product Review – LAL HIT
I would say that cleaning kitchen and bathrooms are not an easy task, so in this fast moving world where everyone are busy, again it’s not an easy task to clean the house very often. But we have to maintain the cleanliness every, now and then, as “HEALTHY HOME LEADS TO HEALTHY LIVING”.
CLICK HERE for more Christmas recipes
But for last few years I am glad to have LAL HIT as part of my kitchen cleaning. It has reduced by efforts in cleaning process. It comes with a Deep Reach Nozzle, which can be used in kitchen sinks, near cylinders, every nook and corner (behind the door, windows…). I use this into kitchen once in a month. Now it’s this “LAL HIT” – the crawling insect killer, which helps me leave fruits, vegetables (covered with a net basket) in my kitchen shelf, vegetables in kitchen cupboard to stay safe away from the cockroaches. #SayNoToFoodPoisoning
Say not to FOOD POISONING with LAL HIT
As of Christmas and New Year, everyone would be cleaning your house in full swing and I would recommend using LAL HIT not just during Christmas cleaning but during each month’s kitchen cleaning to get rid of cockroaches and stay away from the diseases like Food Poisoning, Typhoid, Cholera and Diarrhea… Now let me share an easy EGGLESS Tutty Frutty Sponge cake with the both the vanilla and chocolate flavor in it (MARBLE CAKE).
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Hot Milk – 1 ½ cups
- Butter (melted) – 1 ¼ cup
- Baking powder – 1 ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Tutty Frutty (green, yellow, red color) – ½ cup
- Sieve maida/all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another wide mouth bowl, pour the hot milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and beat well.
- Add the sugar and beat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the sieved flour little by little and fold it to the milk-butter mixture.
- Sieve the cocoa powder in a small bowl, pour half the quantity of batter and fold it well with the cocoa powder.
- Add tutty-frutty to the vanilla batter and fold it well.
- Preheat the microwave to 180 degree C, grease a baking tray.
- Pour in the vanilla batter and pour the cocoa batter over it.
- Stir it gently with a fork and bake it until a fork inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer it to a plate, once it comes to room temperature.
As most of us are looking out for healthy recipes, but like to have desserts especially when it comes to cakes, who say no? So thought of making a healthy cake, this resulted in my vegan Coffee Cake with walnuts. Already I shared my Coffee Cake with Nutty crunch and this cake is very special and completely different from that as it has no eggs, no butter, no sugar, and no milk and prepared with wheat flour/atta.
This cake is very healthy dessert and good not only for weight watchers, but also for diabetes people. Also this tastes yum, and has the soft and fluffy texture which would be liked by everyone. Enjoy your winter by giving a try to this healthy and delicious Vegan Coffee Cake. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more baking recipes.
Awwww. Its Friday, taking my cake to Fiesta Friday #149 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Vegan Coffee Cake with Walnuts
- Wheat flour / Atta – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Walnuts – ½ cup
- Oil – 1 cup
- Black Coffee – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Organic Brown Sugar – 1 cup
Making of Vegan Coffee Cake with Walnuts –
- Sieve the wheat flour, cinnamon powder, salt and baking powder, all together in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Crush or finely chop the walnuts to pieces and keep it aside.
- Take a wide mouth bowl, pour oil, black coffee, lemon juice and add the organic brown sugar, mix it well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Take 2 tsps of sieved flour and keep it aside.
- Add the leftover sieved flour to the black coffee mixture, little by little and fold them well without any lumps.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease the cake tray.
- Add the walnuts to the reserved sieved flour and mix it well. Make sure that the walnuts have got coated well with the flour.
- Add walnuts along with the flour to the cake batter and mix it well. Refer the above video for the consistency.
- Transfer the cake batter to the greased tray and bake it for 5 to 10 mins or until a tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean at 180 degree C.
- Once baked, let the cake rest for 5 mins and transfer the cake to a plate.
Serve hot or at room temperature or chilled. Perfect for a tea-time or perfect for brunch with a scoop of ice cream.
Basbousa or Basboosa is an Egyptian and traditional Middle East sweet cake prepared with Semolina, desiccated coconut, sugar, yogurt/curd and later soaked in sugar syrup which is flavored with rose water. It is also known as “Hareesa”. As of collecting few Middle East dishes for Ramzan, resulted in Basbousa through one of my neighbor.
Basbousa is a very easy, simple and a delicious dessert which flavors not only the kitchen but also the whole house with its wonderful aroma. Usually this Basbousa is baked until the top turns brown in color, but I have done it until it reaches golden brown. Let me share the recipe…
For more Ramzan/ Ramadan / Iftar recipes – Click here.
- Semolina – 2 cups
- Desiccated coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Yogurt/Curd – ¾ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Rose essence – 2 tsp
- Butter (melted) – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Almonds/Badam or Cashew or Pistachios – 15 nos
Making of Basbousa –
- Boil a cup of water in a heavy bottomed vessel, add in the nuts and allow to boil in high flame for 15 mins. Drain the water, peel the skin of the nuts, slice them to two equal halves and keep it aside.
- Preheat oven to 18o degree C.
- In a wide mouth bowl, add in the semolina/rava, desiccated coconut, sugar, baking powder and mix them well.
- Add in the yogurt/curd + 1 tbsp of water and mix them well with your hands (be sure no lumps should be formed and they would little tight in consistency).
- Grease a baking a tray and pour the semolina mixture to the tray and level the batter with your hands.
- Make cuts (desired shape) with the knife, pierce a nut in the center of each and every pieces.
- Bake for 8 mins or until the top starts turning to dark brown in color (I baked only till they turn golden brown in color).
- Meanwhile boil 1 ½ cups of water along with a cup of sugar, drizzle the rose essence and cook in medium flame, until it comes to the syrup consistency.
- Remove the tray once baked and pour the syrup over the cake, let it sit for 15 mins.
- Gently remove the pieces.
Butter, semolina, desiccated coconut, baking powder, yogurt all together
Getting set in a baking tray
All set in a baking tray
Sliced to shape before baking
With blanched almonds
Sugar syrup with rose petals
Getting soaked in sugar syrup
For my other desserts recipes, click here.