Pancakes are one of my kids most favorite breakfast dish. And so this resulted me in trying out new combinations with pancake, as my daughter loves pink she wants me to prepare rose milk pancake. This resulted in Rose Milk Pancake – it was yummy, delicious, very aromatic and with a wonderful spongy texture, we loved it to the core. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more breakfast recipes
Taking it to the Fiesta Friday Party #157 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Rose Milk Pancake
- Milk – 1 cup
- Rose Milk Essence – 1 tbsp
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Egg – 1 no
- Salt – ¼ tsp
Making of RoseMilk Pancake –
- Heat a sauce pan, pour the milk, followed by rose milk essence.
- Bring it to boil, cook in low flame until it reduces to ¾ th quantity. Remove from fire.
- Break egg in a wide mouth bowl, add baking powder, salt. Beat it well.
- Pour the rose milk, 1 tbsp of melted butter and beat it well.
- Add the flour little by little and fold it all together, make sure no lumps are formed.
- Heat ¼ tsp of butter in a tawa, pour a spoonful of batter in the center of the tawa.
- Drizzle little butter along the sides of the pancake, cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Gently swap the side and cook on the other side.
- Remove it from fire.
Serve hot by drizzling little Strawberry Hershey’s syrup.
Lemon Poppy seeds Pancake was something yummy for breakfast. The flavor and taste of the lemon and crunchiness of poppy seeds in the pancake was the highlight in this pancake. Apart from flavor, colour, texture, aroma… this pancake is very heavenly for me as it was made by the LITTLE CHEF (my daughter). A perfect breakfast for the lazy weekend and a perfect tea time snack for kids when they are from the school. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other breakfast and pancake recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/
Lemon Poppy Seeds Pancake
Little Chef in action
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Egg – 1 no
- Milk – 1 ¼ cup
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon Zest – ½ tsp (optional)
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp (optional)
- Salt a pinch
- Take all-purpose flour/maida, baking powder, salt, sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Mix them all together.
- Beat the egg and milk, until fluffy in a separate bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice to the flour and mix them.
- Pour in the egg and milk mixture little by little and mix them well (be sure no lumps are formed).
- Rest it for 5 mins.
- Heat griddle with a tsp of butter and spoon the batter in the center of the griddle, wait until its cooked.
- Sprinkle a tsp of butter all over the pancake, swap the side of the pancake and cook for few mins or until it turns golden brown.
Serve hot with Honey.