Herb rice is one such easy, quick and delicious lunch or dinner ideas that can be prepared for lunch box or parties. Eating rice in the same way (steamed with some stew/curry) is boring at times, but in spite of all these, there are few people who want to eat rice and go for biryani or pulao. So this rice is very helpful at those times, with very few ingredients. I have induced prawns, you can substitute them with chicken or vegetables or even serve it as plain herb rice.
CLICK HERE for more Seafood Recipes.
Prawn Herb Rice has good aroma, since it’s prepared with butter, and Dried Italian herbs like oregano, thyme and rosemary. It melts in mouth with little crunchiness of the prawn, this would be a best for kids lunch box, as they would like them to the core. Also you can make use the leftover rice from lunch for a yummy dinner with this Prawn Herb Rice. Let me share the recipe…
- Prawn – 200 gms
- Steamed Rice – 2 ½ cup (1 cup – 160 ml)
- Onion – 1 no
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Butter – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Italian herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary) – 1 tsp (all together)
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Salt – 1 ¼ tsp or as per your taste
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic into fine pieces. Slit the green chilli to equal halves.
- Melt butter in a very heavy bottomed vessel, add onions and garlic, cook until they turn golden brown in color.
- Add the green chill, prawn, Italian herbs, salt and half the amount of black pepper powder, cook in medium flame for 5 mins or until the prawn is cooked.
- Add the rice, followed by the leftover black pepper powder and cook in medium flame for another 5 mins or until the rice combines well.
- Remove it from fire.
Note: I have been using smaller size prawns in this recipe, you can make use of size of your choice, but the small ones are preferably suitable.