Coming to fish egg, most of us don’t eat, it was the same with me too. But recently when one of my friend told me about the taste and the richness of vitamin – D in it, I wish to give a try. Nowadays most of the kids play indoor with electronic devices, we could see here and there white spots in their face, I too experienced the same. When I consulted Doctor about this, she told its lack of vitamin – D, as they are not exposed to sunlight. So, after coming across the richness of Vitamin – D in Fish egg, gave a try and since it was my first time, I checked with my neighbor (hometown – Tuticorin), about the cleaning and how to cook and this resulted in Fish Egg fry or Fish Egg Bhurji.
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #160 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener.
Fish Egg fry or Fish Egg Bhurji is very delicious, healthy, simple and can be made in minutes. It melts in mouth and so very easy way to make kids consume them. This can be served along with any variety rice or steamed rice and rasam or with chapathi and Idly. Let me share the recipe…
- Fish egg – 350 gm
- Onions – 2 nos
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split black gram / Split Black lentil – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strands
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Making of Fish Egg Fry / Fish Egg Bhurji / How to make Fish Egg fry –
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Clean the fish egg in water, drain the water and chop them into fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, split black gram and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add onions followed by ginger-garlic paste and cook until they golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and cumin powder, cook for few mins until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the fish egg followed by salt and start stirring it well, so that gets cooked and scrambles well.
- Keep on stirring, so get perfect scrambled fish egg / fish egg bhurji.
- Remove from fire, when they turn golden brown in color.
Serve hot for lunch or dinner along with any variety rice or steamed rice and rasam or chapathi and Idly.