I just loved to try different food, so when it comes to lunch, I got to see few pieces of fish lying in my refrigerator and I am sure that it would not be enough for my family to prepare a curry or fry. Next to that found some dill leaves lying in the refrigerator, recently I have joined to master class with Chef Gordon Ramsay and I got remember that he told – Dill leaves goes out well with Fish. As a resulted thought of combining both fish and dill leaves together as a recipe, which resulted in my fish rice.
CLICK HERE for more seafood recipes.
Fish rice was delicious, aromatic with the strongly flavored dill leaves. Fish with little bones are highly recommended for this recipe, whereas it consumes time when there more bones. A perfect rice for kids, where fish comes without bones. Give a try, let me share the recipe…
- Fish pieces – 6 nos (250 gm)
- Dill leaves – 5 stalks
- Steamed Rice – 2 ½ cups
- Fennel seeds – ¼ tsp
- Onion – 1 no
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Clean the fish and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel, add the fish pieces once the water starts boiling.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic into pieces, keep it aside.
- Once the fish is boiled, drain the water and wait until the fish comes to room temperature.
- Take of the skin, carefully remove the bones and crumble the fish, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the fennel seeds followed by onion and garlic, cook until they turn golden brown color in color.
- Add the crumbled fish, followed by pepper powder, cumin powder and salt, cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Pluck the dill leaves from the stalk, finely chop them and sprinkle half the quantity of it to the fish.
- Add the rice, salt if required for rice and stir it well.
- Make sure that the rice becomes dry and blends well with fish.
- Sprinkle the leftover dill leaves, give a stir and remove it from fire.
Serve hot with any gravy. You can pair this fish rice with coconut prawn curry.