Our 19th FBAB meetup, was held on 23rd January, Saturday by 1:00 p. m to 3:00 p.m at 5 STAR CHICKEN, Indira Nagar, Bangalore, India. We all arrived on time, before the meetup we (foodies) all had a small chat with some pictures (selfies).
When I got to see the restaurant name “5 STAR CHICKEN” and saw few of my vegetarian foodies coming there, was wondering “What would these people do in this place? “. Later after tasting their food got to know they have got signature dishes in Vegetarian too. Now they are in a discussion to rename them as “5 STAR CAFÉ” as they found vegetarian people heading to their restaurant, also they wanted more vegetarian people to visit them.
Food Review – 5 Star Chicken
Food Review – 5 Star Chicken
With Chef Prabhmeet Singh Sethi
About 5 Star Chicken: Five Star Chicken comes from Thai Mutli-National conglomerate CP foods over $13 billion sales in Agro and Food Industry Globally. Its products are sold over 50 countries.
CP is a pioneer in the industry and also known to be the world’s largest feed manufacturing company. They have been the world’s largest manufacturer in shrimps and prawns, also one of the top 5 companies in the world.
- Five Star Chicken was launched in 1985 at Ladprao 80 Street in Thailand.
- They have been the great quality chicken for past 27 years.
- They have more than 7000 outlets over 9 countries and being one of the most popular brands in Asia.
- They are one among the rapidly growing brand in Asia, they have hundreds of Five Star outlets in Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, China, Bangladesh and India.
- Their key strength is that they adapt to the local taste and flavor.
- They believe in “Great taste, Best Quality and Great Value”
- They have their own infrastructure “FARM TO FOOD”.
- As they operate their own farm, storage and distribution, they optimize the cost and pass on better value to the customer.
- Five Star Chicken is known to offer fresh and larger chicken.
- The aim is to make great quality chicken at affordable prices to all consumers.
- Five Star Chicken is launched its first outlet in Nov, 2012 in Bangalore. Currently they have 340+ stores across Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Ap, Telegana, Goa and west. They are rapidly growing to South India.
- They use different utensils for vegetarian.
Thai Cripsy Chicken Bucket
Chaoroen Chicken Burger
CP Veg Burger
Hungry Bird chicken Burger
Coming to the Food Review:
Ambiance: The place was too good, with good ventilation and beautiful interiors.
Location: It was on 1ooft road, Indira Nagar opposite to MTR restaurant. The only thing we found difficult was car parking.
Service: Service was too good.
- Thai Crispy Bucket: The chicken was very crispy outside and the way the chicken was cooked is completely perfect, it was juicy and mildly flavored in Thai style. One among their signature dish.
- Crunchy Masala: The chicken was crispy, crunchy and well flavored in Indian style, little tangy and spicy.
- Charoen Popkhand (CP) Veg Burger: The burger was too good, the pattie inside also taste good.
- Charoen Popkhand (CP) Chicken Burger: For a long time may be after 5 to 6 yrs, I was about to have a yummy burger. The chicken patty was not so crunchy but little crunchy, crispy, soft and juicy. The onions in the burger added more crunchiness to the burger. I would say this burger rocks. Also one can have the whole burger, it was not too heavy.
Peri Peri Fries
- Aloo-paratha: Aloo-paratha, taste too good, mildly spiced. The stuffing was done perfectly as a Punjabi one. But I found the paratha little soggy, I wish it to be some more crispy. But flavor wise, you can have it alone no need of pickle or curd.
- Peri-Peri Fries: Usually I love to have fries and also love peri-peri flavor. The first time of having peri-peri fries, that too the texture of the fries was too good, the masala was perfectly done, not over loaded. This is one among their signature dish.
- Cheese Corn nuggets: I have never had a nuggets like this anywhere. The nuggets melt like anything in the mouth, more over the corn in the nuggets gave a crunch effect. Even after the nuggets got cold, it stayed in the same texture. Highly recommended. We ended up getting 3 to 4 plates of cheese corn nuggets.
- Chicken Popcorn: Chicken popcorn also comes out in a good texture, mild flavor. Not only kids but every one of us would love to have the chicken popcorn.
- Hungry Bird Burger: We were told that people come here for their Hungry Bird Burger. The patty was crunchy and well flavored.
- Chicken Biryani: Chicken Biryani was ok.
- Vegetable Biryani: Veg Biryani was too good.
The most important thing I liked here, is the chicken was juicy also they were marinated in such a way that one could taste the masala from the first till the last bite. Also the texture was crispy and crunchy, when we asked about the secret of the cooking to their Chef. Prabhmeet Singh. He told us the just marinate the chicken for only 35 mins and they use machines for all these process and he also told it’s impossible to try at home (our kitchen).
Also they are going to come up with more variety of foods for vegetarian.
Price: Pricing was reasonable, no where you get such a tasty, crispy, crunchy and perfectly cooked chicken for this pricing.
Groupie with foodies
A MUST TO TRY FOR EVERYONE. I would highly recommend to visit again and again.
Thanks a lot for FBAB for your invite and 5 STAR CHICKEN for making it possible.