Fried rice is one of the popular dish, it can be prepared in a street food and also the other ways. Commonly we like to have fried rice from a street vendor, it tastes different and good. We use to have it at least once in two months, but for almost a year, the shop was closed. And so, thought of preparing it at home and the taste was too good and more similar to that one. Also, this is a perfect for lunch box. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #160 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener.
CLICK HERE for Chicken Recipes.
- Chicken – 200 gm
- Steamed rice – 1 ½ cups
- Capsicum (yellow, green, red) – ¼ cup
- Carrot – ¼ cup
- Cabbage – ¼ cup
- Spring onions – 4 stalks
- Black pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 ½ tbsp
Making of Chicken Fried Rice –
- Clean and finely chop the chicken into pieces.
- Clean and finely chop the capsicum, cabbage and spring onions, peel and finely chop the carrot, garlic.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add garlic, carrot, cabbage and capsicum, cook for few mins or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add chicken pieces followed by salt and pepper powder and cook for few mins or until the chicken turns pale white in color.
- Pour tomato sauce and soy sauce and cook for a min or until the raw smell goes off.
- Add spring onions and cook for few seconds.
- Break the eggs, stir it well, cook for few seconds (the egg should not be completely cooked).
- Add the steamed rice and mix it well, cook in high flame until the rice becomes dry.
- Sprinkle a handful of spring onions and remove it from fire.
Serve it hot with Butter chicken or any gravy.