Grapefruit is a large orange-like fruit that belongs to the citrus family. It is also called as shaddock, as it is found as clusters on the tree, it is known as Grapefruit. The flesh of the fruit comes in white, pink or red. It tastes bitter and sour, but packed with lots of health benefits.
Health Benefits: It helps to promote digestion by increasing the flow of gastric juice, helps reduce the excessive production of cholesterol from the liver, also because of the presence of fat-burning enzyme – helps in weight-loss.
For more summer recipes, click here.
I’m in partying mood and so taking this to our own FiestaFriday #121 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
These fruits are found mostly on summers, you can prepare a squash of this Grape-Fruit and refrigerate them in sterilized bottles for months. Let me share the recipe of the Grapefruit Squash…
- Grapefruits – 2 nos
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
- Halve the grapefruit, cut the skin of the grapefruit – it look like orange.
- Take ¾ litre of water in a sauce pan, bring it to boil.
- Add in the sugar, stir well, until it dissolves, cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice, cook in medium flame for another 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, take out the flesh of the grapefruit (as you take out in orange).
- Blend it with ¼ cup of water to a fine paste.
- Strain the juice well in a bowl.
- Pour in the grapefruit pulp to the boiling water and cook in medium flame for another 10 mins or until it reaches the squash consistency.
- Remove from fire, keep it aside and wait until it reaches room temperature.
- Transfer it to a sterilized bottle and refrigerate.
How to serve: You can mix Grapefruit squash with equal proportion of chilled water and serve it. Else you can substitute sparkling water (soda water) instead of water and serve chilled.
Note: You increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste buds.