Recently I have been blogging about some protein rich food, I have tried out many breakfast and now to the lunch. As this is rich in protein, its good for weight watchers and body builders. Protein rich Lunch – Green Lentil and sweet potato rice with Sauted Carrots n Beets and Fish Fry.
Let me share the recipe of Green Lentil and Sweet Potato…
- Green Lentil / Mung Bean / Paasipayaru – 1 cup
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Sweet potatoes – half the quantity of the green lentil
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Pressure-cook or boil green lentils for 3 whistles (mashing consistency).
- Pressure-cook sweet potato for 3 whistles (cubes but able to mash).
- Heat oil in heavy bottom vessel; add the boiled mashed potatoes followed by chilli powder and Cumin powder with little salt.
- Mash the green lentils and add them to the sweet potatoes, pour ½ cup of water, cook in medium flame by stirring once in a while.
- Sprinkle salt and remove from fire.
For Sauted Carrot and Beet:
Peel and chop the carrots and beets lengthwise, steam them. Heat a tsp of olive oil in a pan, add the steamed carrots and beets followed by salt and pepper powder, give them a toss and transfer it to a plate.
For Fish Fry:
Marinate the Fish, with lime juice, salt and pepper powder for 30 mins, shallow fry the fish pieces and serve with onions and lemon wedge.