I never use to have ginger drink right form childhood even after knowing the benefits of having ginger drink. But finally only when we face some problems we suddenly search of a remedy that to a natural remedy to relieve us or keep away from the problem.
This ginger drink helps and relives indigestion, cold. Ginger Drink is prepared in few version, but this one is the simple and good for kids, which is mild spicy. It’s not good to have this drink often, one can have it once in a month, perfect for adults to have in empty stomach and good for kids after a milk or coffee in morning. Also it’s enough for one to consume only ¼ cup (100 ml), so it’s good to have on weekends.
Check out my other beverage recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/.
Let us move on to the recipe…
- Ginger – 100 gm
- Palm Rock Sugar / Panakarkandu – 10 gm
- Ajwain / Carom seeds / Omam – ¼ tsp
Ginger boiling in water
With Rock palm candy and ajwain/carom seeds
About to filter
- Peel and chop the ginger into fine pieces.
- Heat ¼ litre of water in a small pot, wait until it boil.
- Add in the ginger pieces, palm rock sugar and carom seeds, cover with the lid.
- Allow it to boil for 10 -15 mins in medium flame.
- Remove the lid and filter the water.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of palm rock sugar by increasing its quantity in order to increase the sweetness in it.
I am planning to prepare dishes which are very healthy for kids, since they are in vacation. Also this is the right time to make them eat well, consume weight and health. Coming to this Carrot Almond Milkshake, it is a simple, easy to prepare and delicious sweet milk flavored with fresh carrots and almonds. Carrots are high in fibre content, which helps the digestive system and helps balance sugar levels. We can accompany this milkshake with breakfast or in teatime with evening snacks. Also check out my other beverages recipes and enjoy this summer vacation.Let us move on to the recipe…
Carrot Almond Milkshake
- Milk – ½ litre
- Carrot s – 4 nos
- Almonds / Badam – 15 nos
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Saffron – few strands for garnishing
- Sugar or Honey – as per taste
- Boil the milk, let it cool and bring it to room temperature.
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots into desired shapes.
- Pressure-cook the carrots in ½ cup of water for three whistles. Bring it to room temperature.
- Roast the badam with a tsp of clarified butter or ghee.
- Grind the badam with ½ of cup of milk to fine paste.
- Take the boiled carrots along with the water, 1 cup of milk, cardamom powder and then the badam paste in a blender. Grind all these together to a fine paste.
- Add in sugar or honey and a cup of milk and finely grind it (no solid pieces of carrots).
- Mix it with the rest of the milk.
Garnish with few strands of saffron and a pinch of cardamom powder and serve chilled.