I never use to have ginger drink right form childhood even after knowing the benefits of having ginger drink. But finally only when we face some problems we suddenly search of a remedy that to a natural remedy to relieve us or keep away from the problem.
This ginger drink helps and relives indigestion, cold. Ginger Drink is prepared in few version, but this one is the simple and good for kids, which is mild spicy. It’s not good to have this drink often, one can have it once in a month, perfect for adults to have in empty stomach and good for kids after a milk or coffee in morning. Also it’s enough for one to consume only ¼ cup (100 ml), so it’s good to have on weekends.
Check out my other beverage recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/.
Let us move on to the recipe…
- Ginger – 100 gm
- Palm Rock Sugar / Panakarkandu – 10 gm
- Ajwain / Carom seeds / Omam – ¼ tsp
Ginger boiling in water
With Rock palm candy and ajwain/carom seeds
About to filter
- Peel and chop the ginger into fine pieces.
- Heat ¼ litre of water in a small pot, wait until it boil.
- Add in the ginger pieces, palm rock sugar and carom seeds, cover with the lid.
- Allow it to boil for 10 -15 mins in medium flame.
- Remove the lid and filter the water.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of palm rock sugar by increasing its quantity in order to increase the sweetness in it.
Many of us like to dry fruits and milkshake now imagine about Dry fruits Milkshake that makes everyone drooling. Today I have prepared Mediterranean Omelet and Dry fruits Milkshake for breakfast, my kids loved it a lot.
As I have blogged few more milkshakes, I would say that this milkshake is different in texture. You can chew dates in this milkshake during drinking, if you do not want the chewy texture you could strain the milkshake and then serve.
Dry fruits milkshake is a healthy beverage as well a great energy supplement for anyone who wants a quick boost of energy. In addition, this is very rich in iron and calcium. This milkshake can also be prepared during fasting or vrat occasions. It is an ideal drink for growing up kids or for people looking for energy drinks.
I have used most of the dry fruits like almonds (badam), pistachios, cashews, raisins, dates and a pinch of saffron in this milkshake. You can include figs, but I have excluded and also you can increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients as per you taste. Let us move on to the recipe…
Dry Fruits Milkshake
- Cashew nuts – 15 nos
- Raisins – 20 nos
- Almonds (Badam) – 10 nos
- Pistachios – 10 nos
- Dates – 15 nos
- Saffron – few strands
- Boiled Milk – ½ litre
- Sugar – 4 tsp
Dry fruits and milk
Dry Fruits Milkshake with out filtering
Dry Fruits Milkshake after filter
Dry Fruits Milkshake
Dry Fruits Milkshake with Meditterean Omelete
- Soak almonds and pistachios in warm water for 20 mins. Peel off the skin.
- Reserve 2 to 3 pieces in all the ingredients for topping.
- Take all the ingredients together with a cup of milk in a blender and blend it well.
- Pour the blended mixture to the leftover milk, give a stir and let it rest for 5 mins.
- Finely chop the reserved dry fruits.
- Pour it to glass and garnish with the finely chopped dry fruits.
Refrigerate and serve chilled or serve at room temperature.
Note: If you are going to strain, let it rest for 20 mins and then strain it and serve chilled.
This is the first time I have been preparing this Cucumber Lemon Mojito, it’s a very simple drink with too many health benefits. I could say that it’s an wonderful refreshing drink. The combination of lemon, cucumber and mint, being an apt drink for summer.
Usually kids may be even we too do the same, we never consumer more water during summer and get too many health issues. This would be a good drink to beat the heat and also easy for everyone to prepare at home. Let us move on to the recipe…
I am taking this to Fiesta Friday #60 hosted by Angie.
Cucumber Lemon Mojito
- Chilled water – 1 litre
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Lemon – 3 nos
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Cucumber – 1 ½ nos
Cucumber, lemon juice and sugar in jar
With mint leaves
Juice getting strained
Cucumber Lemon Mojito
- Cut the lemon into two equal halves and squeeze out the juice, keep it separately.
- Peel and chop the cucumber roughly.
- Take cucumber, lemon juice, sugar and mint leaves all together and blend it well in a blender.
- Add a cup of water and again blend it well.
- Now strain only the juice and discard the solid particles.
- Add it to the chilled water and give a mix.
- Check for the sugar.
Refrigerate and serve chilled with lemon wedges and cucumber wedges.
Note: You can also add ice cubes into it.