Whenever I feel drowsy, I go for this pomegranate juice or Beetroot juice. Pomegranate has lots of nutrients that ae good for both men and women. Pomegranate is known as a superfood. Its jewel like seeds in used for medicinal purpose for almost several ages. It is packed with powerful antioxidants and vitamins. It helps in stomach upset, lowers blood pressure, reduces inflammation, reduces risk of heart disease and lowers cholesterol. Pregnant women can take pomegranate juice as it is rich in folic acid and also it helps to keep the skin youthful. Let us move on to the recipe…
Check out my other juices, lemonade, mocktails and milkshakes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Pomegranate – 2 nos
- Water – 1 ½ cups
- Sugar – 3 tsp
- Lemon – 1 no
- Peel and take out the pomegranate seeds.
- Take the pomegranate, sugar, lemon juice in a blender and blend them well.
- Add in 1 ½ cups of water and continue blending well.
- Strain the juice.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Almond (Badam) Pista milk shake is a dink made by grinding almonds, pista and cashews with milk. It is thick in texture and has a nutty flavor. It is an excellent nourishing and healthy drink for kids. It has dual advantage in both summer and winter too. Mostly it goes out well with breakfast or dinner. It is an energy giving drink.
It helps in boosting energy, improves complexion and considered as a nutritive for the brain and nervous system. Let us move on to the recipe…
Almond (Badam) Pista Milkshake
- Full Cream Milk – 2 Cups
- Condensed Milk – 2 tbsp
- Almonds / Badam – ½ cup
- Pistachios – 15 nos
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Saffron – few strands
- Rose water – ½ tsp
- Soak almonds/badam, pistachios and cashew nuts in hot water for about an hour.
- Peel the skin from the almonds/badam and pistachios.
- Reserve 5 nos of almonds and 5 nos of pistachios for garnishing.
- Take the leftover badam/almond, pistachios, cashew nuts, cardamom powder, rose water and a cup of milk; blend to a fine paste.
- Pour in the condensed milk and another cup of milk; again blend it to a fine paste.
- Check for the taste and if need blend with some more milk or condensed milk.
- Finely chop the pistachios and almonds.
- Transfer the milkshake to a cup and garnish with pistachios and almonds.
Top the milkshake with strands if saffron and serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Note: If you feel that kids would not like the nutty flavor, you could strain the milkshake after 10 mins of blending and then continue topping and serve.
I am planning to prepare dishes which are very healthy for kids, since they are in vacation. Also this is the right time to make them eat well, consume weight and health. Coming to this Carrot Almond Milkshake, it is a simple, easy to prepare and delicious sweet milk flavored with fresh carrots and almonds. Carrots are high in fibre content, which helps the digestive system and helps balance sugar levels. We can accompany this milkshake with breakfast or in teatime with evening snacks. Also check out my other beverages recipes and enjoy this summer vacation.Let us move on to the recipe…
Carrot Almond Milkshake
- Milk – ½ litre
- Carrot s – 4 nos
- Almonds / Badam – 15 nos
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Saffron – few strands for garnishing
- Sugar or Honey – as per taste
- Boil the milk, let it cool and bring it to room temperature.
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots into desired shapes.
- Pressure-cook the carrots in ½ cup of water for three whistles. Bring it to room temperature.
- Roast the badam with a tsp of clarified butter or ghee.
- Grind the badam with ½ of cup of milk to fine paste.
- Take the boiled carrots along with the water, 1 cup of milk, cardamom powder and then the badam paste in a blender. Grind all these together to a fine paste.
- Add in sugar or honey and a cup of milk and finely grind it (no solid pieces of carrots).
- Mix it with the rest of the milk.
Garnish with few strands of saffron and a pinch of cardamom powder and serve chilled.