Paan Gulkand is made from betel leaves, the betel leaves are pureed and mixed with milk with gulkand. You have some flavors in this drink, as betel leaves have all these flavors like sweet, bitter, astringent, lemony, minty…
Gulkand is induced for the sweetnesss. Gulkand is a cooling ingredient, which is used in some ayurvedic medicines. Gulkand is a rose preserve which is available in all super markets.
Basil seeds or sabza seeds are also induced to enhance the better texture and again this is also a cooling ingredient which is available in all the super markets. So I would say that Paan Gulkand is a perfect summer drink with natural coolants. The people those eat paan would definitely like this to the core. Give a try…
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Yields – 2 tall glasses
- Betel leaves – 3 to 4 leaves
- Milk – 2 cups
- Chilled water – 1 cup
- Basil seeds or sabza seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Nannari or rose syrup – ½ tbsp.
- Gulkand – 3 tbsp.
- Nuts (cashewnuts, unsalted pistachios and badam/almond) – 2 tbsp.
- Wash the betel leaves, take out the stalk.
- Soak the basil seeds in water for 10 mins.
- Take the betel leaves along with the chilled water in a blender and Blend them well.
- Pour it to a wide mouth bowl, mix them well.
- Pour in the milk to it and mix them well for few mins.
- Add in the gulkand, along with nannari syrup and mix them well (so that gulkand gets dissolved).
- Drain the water and add in the sabza or basil seeds and mix them well.
- Chop the cashewnuts, pista/pistachios and almonds/badam into small pieces, add to the paan and mix well.
- Pour it to a tall glass and refrigerate for few mins.