When few of my followers wanted quinoa recipes, my friend who has quinoa most of the time, these made me give a try to quinoa. My friend always says that quinoa has loads of health benefits along with the weight loss fact, why not to give a try – “One Stone but Two Mangoes”. Here starts my first quinoa recipe – Eggless Quinoa Nutty Pancake.
Eggless Quinoa Nutty Pancake is a delicious, yum, healthy and most commonly suits everyone from kids till elders. I have infused nuts along with this pancake to get little crunchiness, a trick to make kids consume nuts. I have boiled the quinoa and used in the pancake, you can also save time by boiling it in your free time, following by refrigeration, so that it stays fresh for few days.
Eggless Quinoa Nutty Pancake is super soft, fluffy, made with whole wheat flour, infused with nuts and coconut milk for more taste. It is an perfect breakfast for school going kids, weight watchers, protein lovers and health conscious people. Let me share the recipe…
- Quinoa – ½ cup (uncooked) or 1 cup (cooked)
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Honey or Maple syrup – 5 tbsp
- Walnuts – 10 nos
- Badam / Almonds – 10 nos
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Coconut milk – ¾ cup
- Light brown sugar or sugar – ½ cup (optional)
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Butter – 4 tbsp.
Making of Eggless Nutty Quinoa Pancake –
- Rinse the quinoa in water for 4 to 5 times, otherwise it would give slight bitterness to the dish.
- Boil 3 cups of water, add the rinsed quinoa, cover and cook until the quinoa turns soft and fluffy. It would increase in size once its boiled.
- Crush the walnuts and almonds/badam to a coarse powder and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of boiled quinoa, wheat flour, a tbsp. of butter, baking powder, salt, pour in the honey, coconut milk and milk, mix it all together and make sure no lumps are formed.
- Heat a pan, add ¼ tsp of butter, spread it all over the pan, pour a spoonful of batter, at the center of the pan and spread it gently to a small circle.
- Drizzle butter along the sides and little over top of the pancake.
- Cook only in medium flame, otherwise it would get burnt.
- After it starts leaving the sides of the pan, gently flip the side and cook on both sides.
- Again drizzle, ¼ tsp of butter along the sides of the pan.
- Remove it from fire, once it cooked.