Got Sunfeast Yippee Vegetable Atta Noodles for review from ITC 3 days back, as now it’s Navratri, thought of preparing a dish that would be more suitable for Navratri. You can also check out my other Yippee Noodles recipe, like Noodles Pancake and Noodles Pizza.
Already I have prepared Sprouts Sundal / Tempered Sprouts for last year’s Navratri, but kids had very little. So was worried to make them eat sprouts as they are very healthy, also which would be easy for breakfast during school days. But now when I got to see the noodles, thought why not to make a sprout noodles which would be consumed happily by kids and when it comes as sundal, also it would be the best and perfect for Navratri.
CLICK HERE for more Navratri / Navartri recipes.
It took just 20 mins for me to prepare, as I had sprouts at home. Prepared it just like a trial but with too much of confidence, the result was it was over in minutes. My son who hates sprouts, loved it to the core and wanted me to prepare often. Moreover in Yippee Noodles, the noodles itself is flavored with vegetables and so now you have vegetables and sprouts in this Sundal. Now who can say that Noodles is a Junk Food, when it turned out to a healthy food? Start preparing it, enjoy your festival and vacation together as Kitchen Star with your kids, family and friends.
Also I would say, if you have an air-fryer, you can make it healthier as “ZERO OIL” dish. Unlucky me, don’t have air fryer at home, as my hubby liked this Noodles Sprouts Sundal to the core, I think he could hear my MIND VOICE.
A simple, easy, healthy, super-fast and healthy dish which suits perfect for this festive season (NAVRATRI). Let me share the recipe…
- Sunfeast Yippee Vegetable Atta Noodles – 1 cake / 1 pieces
- Sunfeast Yippee Vegetable Atta Noodles Masala (comes along with the noodles) – 1 packet
- Home-made Sprouts (Black lentil, Chickpeas, Green Lentil) – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Split black gram – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – for deep frying and a tsp
- I have used home-made sprouts with the mixture of Black lentil / Karuppu Ulundu/ Black Urad dal, Chickpeas / Kondakadalai / Channa, Green lentil / Paasipayaru / Mung Bean. CLICK HERE to know how to prepare Sprouts easily at home.
- Boil the noodles in 2 cups of water, drain the water completely, spread it in a plate and leave it for 5 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai, make sure the noodles are completely dried, gently drop the noodles to the oil, and deep fry them until they become crispy, it takes 2 to 3 mins.
- Once fried, drain the oil and remove the noodles to plate, wait until it comes to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat a tsp of oil in a kadai/pan, add the mustard seeds, split black gram and curry leaves and wait until they crackle.
- Add the sprouts and ¾ portion of the SUNFEAST YIPPEE VEGETABLE ATTA Noodles masala, cook for a min.
- Crush the fried noodles to pieces and add them to the sprouts, followed by the leftover Noodles masala along with salt. Mix it well.
- Remove from fire and transfer it to a plate.
Serve hot. Not only kids but this would be hit among everyone.
Note: Noodles remains crispy only for 3 to 4 hrs, as we mix them with sprouts. If needed you can fry the noodles, bring them to room temperature and store it in an air-tight container, so that it stays fresh for few days and later when you need you can prepare them with sprouts, all it takes just 5 mins.