I use to prepare oats frequently at home for breakfast, but recently I have never tried anything new or not even a usual brekkie with oats. And so got to find it in a large quantity in stock at home, due to some health issues I want to make my move towards oats. But apart from everything thought of making something innovative, there strike my ice-cream mania. Moreover this ice cream is completely different from other ice-cream, as I have added eggs. May be we can call it a non-veg or egg dish, but I am sure, not a vegetarian ice-cream.
Oats Ice Cream is very easy, simple, healthy, heavenly dessert. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #123 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Oats – ¾ cup
- Brown Sugar – 1/3 cup + 4tbsp
- Full fat milk – 1 cup
- Heavy cream – 2 cups
- Egg Yolks – 3 nos
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp
- Granulated sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- For Oats Crumble – Dry roast oats in non-stick pan until it starts turning golden brown. Add in 3 tbsp of brown sugar and stir it well. Let the sugar get caramalised and get burnt. Remove it from fire, when it starts burning. Leave it aside and wait until it comes to room temperature. Take out the oats crumble in a blender and blend it well to a coarse powder. Keep it aside.
- Warm the milk in a heavy bottomed kadai, add in the sugar, and stir well until the sugar dissolves.
- Take heavy cream, brown sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl, whisk them all together. Keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all the egg yolks together, pour in the warm milk to the egg mixture, mix it well. Transfer this mixture to a sauce pan, keep on stirring until it thickens and the raw smell of egg goes off.
- Remove it from fire, pour in the vanilla essence and whisk gently, be sure no lumps should be formed. Keep it aside and wait until it reaches the room temperature.
- Pour the egg mixture to the milk mixture, mix it well. Add in ¾ the portion of the oats crumble and mix them well.
- Transfer it an air-tight container and chill it in refrigerator for almost 6 hrs or overnight.
- Remove the container and pour the mixture to the blender and blend it in minimum speed, sprinkle ½ the portion of the leftover oats crumble, transfer it to an air-tight container and freeze it for 6 hrs or until it freezes.
Served chilled with Oats crumble on the top.
Do check out my mint ice cream recipe and raw mango green chilli ice cream. For my other summer recipes, click here.