Kulfi was my long desire to try out from my hands. This was my attempt with kulfi, and the kufli came out well with perfect texture, flavor and color. My kids like kulfi a lot, and so I desired to prepare kulfi at home. As we include nuts to the kulfi, it is packed with health benefits. After having a heavy meal, most of them use to have pan, so I thought of preparing pan kulfi – loaded with more health benefits from pan.
I have used betel leaves, which has countless health benefits and gulkand which is one among the natural coolant and perfect for this summers. Let me share the recipe…
Taking it to the Fiesta Friday #117 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
To check out my other summer recipes, click here.
Preparation Time before cooking: 15 mins
Preparation Time after cooking: 7 to 8 hrs
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Yields – 6 to 7 kulfi
- Full fat milk – 3 cups
- Corn flour – ¾ tbsp.
- Betel leaves – 2 nos
- Gulkand – 1 ¼ tbsp
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 5 nos
- Pistachios – 6 nos
- Almond/Badam – 6 nos
- Supari – 1 ½ tsp (for garnish)
Full fat milk getting boiled with sugar
With corn flour mixture
Taking out the stalk
Paan paste with thicken milk
Into the mould
About to freeze
- Boil the full fat milk, once boiled, add in the sugar, mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Reserve ¼ cup of milk in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Take cornflour in a bowl, add in 3 tbsp of water and mix it well or until it dissolves well.
- Pour in the corn flour to the boiled milk and keep in medium flame, start stirring the milk.
- Keep in low flame, keep on stirring the milk, until it thickens. Else it lumps would be formed.
- Also scrap the sides of the vessel, and drop the scraps to the milk and keep in low flame.
- Remove the milk, when it comes to ¾ th portion thick consistency or semi thick consistency.
- Rinse the betel leaf in water, pinch out the stalk and roughly tear them.
- Take the betel leaves, cashew nuts, pistachios, almonds/badam, gulkand and ¼ cup of milk, blend them well together to a fine paste.
- Check whether the thicken milk, attains the room temperature. If so pour in the grounded pan paste to the thicken milk.
- Stir well, no lumps should be formed.
- Now pour the mixture to the kulfi mould and freeze it for 6 to 7 hrs or until it freezes.
- Once done, remove the kulfi moulds from the freezer and show the bottom in the running water or keep them in warm water for 10 to 15 mins.
- Now gently remove the kulfi by pulling the stick from the mould.
- Garnish with flavored and colored supari.
When the boiling summer started, not only kids but also kids and elder people, we crave to have something chill like ice creams and juices. But for having this we need to move to an ice cream parlour or a super market in this boiling summer. Nobody wants to move out, but you can do something which is healthy, perfect for summer with everything natural.
As a result comes my melon popsicles, a very healthy, no added preservatives, colors, essence and everything natural and kids can have as many as they want. Also a perfect way for kids to consume fruits for summers. A perfect coolant give a try and #beattheheat this summer. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/
Preparation Time: 4 to 6 hrs
Yields: 12 Popsicles
- Watermelon – ½ kg
- Musk melon – ½ kg
- Grapes (Black) – 15 nos
- Sugar – 2 tbsp (optional)
Melon popsicles with Grapes
Watermelon Popsicles, Muskmelon Popsicle and Watermelon and Muskemlon Popsicles
- Separate the skin of watermelon, roughly chop them into pieces, deseed the pieces and keep them aside.
- Separate the skin of muskmelon, scoop out the seeds, roughly chop them into pieces and keep them aside.
- Wash and slice the grapes into thin pieces and keep it aside.
- Take the watermelon in a blender along with a tbsp. of sugar and blend them to a juice, transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take the popsicles mould, fill half of the mould with watermelon juice and add in few pieces of grapes.
- Freeze them for 2 hrs or until it freezes (medium solid), do not cover it.
- Remove the popsicles from the freezer, pour in the muskmelon over the watermelon, and add in grapes slices.
- Cover the popsicles or insert a ice cream stick and freeze it for another 3 to 4 hrs or until it freezes completely.
- After 4 hrs remove the popsicles from the freezer and keep them in a bowl of tap water for 5 mins.
- Gently lift the cover to get the popsicles.
Note: You can also make this any fruits of your flavor or can make with a single fruit. Also I have prepared few muskmelon popsicles and watermelon popsicles. If you like to have little spicy flavor in the popsicles, you can add ¼ tsp of black pepper powder and a pinch of salt along with sugar when you are about to blend.
Summers summer summers – people including me say, it’s very hot, not interested of coming out. All of us like and we need to consume loads and loads food in the form of liquid. This helps us escape from summer diseases like heat burns, heat boils, stomach pain, dehydration and so on.
Beat the heat with this Summer Special recipes
Most of us, even my kids like to have readymade juices and Ice-creams, why don’t we prepare all these at home may be a juice, ice cream, chilled desserts with the colourful fruits we get in summer. Not only for health issues but also you can prepare a good quantity of food compared to the outside food for the same amount of money.
Let me share few of my beat the heat or summer recipes, click on the name of the food for recipe…
CLICK HERE for 10+ Mango Recipes
Ice Cream / Mousse / Kulfi / Falooda