Qubani Ka Meetha is a traditional and authentic dessert of Hyderabadi cuisine. This is prepared with the dried apricots and they are most probably served in all the festivals in Hyderabad, most commonly on weddings.
A very simple, easy and delicious dish but consumes time in the preparation. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #127 hosted by angie-thenovicegarderner.
Qubani Ka Meetha
- Dried Apricots – 20 nos
- Sugar – 7 to 8 tbsp
- Badam/Almonds – 6 nos
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Dried apricots getting soaked
To the mashing consistency
with lemon juice, getting thicken
Qubani Ka Meetha
- Soak dried apricots in 4 to 5 cups of water (it should sink) for almost 10 hrs or overnight.
- Remove the seeds from the apricots, roughly chop them small pieces.
- Boil those chopped apricots in the soaked water for almost 30 mins or until the apricots comes to mashing consistency.
- Add in the sugar, give a stir and cook in low flame for 5 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice, give a stir and cook in low flame for 5 mins or until it thickens or comes to a syrup consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with thinly sliced badam/almonds.
Serve warm or chilled with sliced badam/almonds or with rabdi.
For more Ramzan/Ramadhan/Iftar or Eid recipes, click here.
Confused what to cook for Ramzan or Ramadhan or Iftar, here are few delicious and heavenly dishes – Ramzan recipes, collected from most of Muslim friends who lives here in India, Saudi Arabia, UAE … Give a try, wish you all a Happy Ramzan.
Bunch of yum, delicious, easy and simple Ramzan/Ramadan/Iftar recipes –
Do subscribe and stay connected with our youtube channel for more recipes – CLICK HERE and for Video Ramzan recipes – CLICK HERE.
Hot Drinks / Snacks
Rice / Pulav
Soup / Dip
If you find the post interesting, do encourage me by your follow, likes, shares and valuable comments on: Facebook – Madraasi, Twitter – ImMadraasi, Google+ – ImMadraasi, Instagram- ImMadraasi, Tumblr – ImMadraasi, Pinterest – ImMadraasi
Basbousa or Basboosa is an Egyptian and traditional Middle East sweet cake prepared with Semolina, desiccated coconut, sugar, yogurt/curd and later soaked in sugar syrup which is flavored with rose water. It is also known as “Hareesa”. As of collecting few Middle East dishes for Ramzan, resulted in Basbousa through one of my neighbor.
Basbousa is a very easy, simple and a delicious dessert which flavors not only the kitchen but also the whole house with its wonderful aroma. Usually this Basbousa is baked until the top turns brown in color, but I have done it until it reaches golden brown. Let me share the recipe…
For more Ramzan/ Ramadan / Iftar recipes – Click here.
- Semolina – 2 cups
- Desiccated coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Yogurt/Curd – ¾ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Rose essence – 2 tsp
- Butter (melted) – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Almonds/Badam or Cashew or Pistachios – 15 nos
Making of Basbousa –
- Boil a cup of water in a heavy bottomed vessel, add in the nuts and allow to boil in high flame for 15 mins. Drain the water, peel the skin of the nuts, slice them to two equal halves and keep it aside.
- Preheat oven to 18o degree C.
- In a wide mouth bowl, add in the semolina/rava, desiccated coconut, sugar, baking powder and mix them well.
- Add in the yogurt/curd + 1 tbsp of water and mix them well with your hands (be sure no lumps should be formed and they would little tight in consistency).
- Grease a baking a tray and pour the semolina mixture to the tray and level the batter with your hands.
- Make cuts (desired shape) with the knife, pierce a nut in the center of each and every pieces.
- Bake for 8 mins or until the top starts turning to dark brown in color (I baked only till they turn golden brown in color).
- Meanwhile boil 1 ½ cups of water along with a cup of sugar, drizzle the rose essence and cook in medium flame, until it comes to the syrup consistency.
- Remove the tray once baked and pour the syrup over the cake, let it sit for 15 mins.
- Gently remove the pieces.
Butter, semolina, desiccated coconut, baking powder, yogurt all together
Getting set in a baking tray
All set in a baking tray
Sliced to shape before baking
With blanched almonds
Sugar syrup with rose petals
Getting soaked in sugar syrup
For my other desserts recipes, click here.