To know more about Puratasi Month – CLICK HERE and Puratasi Sani Meals – CLICK HERE. Happily started my Puratasi Sani Celebrations with few of my fellow blogger friends. Offered to Venkatachalapathy (god) and then had this, a complete Tamilian Vegetarian Meals.
Tamil Vegetarian Meals – Coconut rice, Steamed rice, Sambar, Appalam, Rasam, Paruppu, Paniyaram, Maa urundai, Butter beans kuttu, cauliflower stir-fry, Cabbage poriyal, Spiced Buttermilk, pickle (store bought), Sago Payasam, Banana Blossom Chutney
Meals consists of
This year my first puratasi sani was completely different, as the very first time got to celebrate with few of my foodie friends. All happened, just in a fraction of minute around morning. Thanks a lot friends for dropping in, at last minute of invite.
With few of my fellow bloggers at my home
Kids having fun
Complete Vegetarian platter
Maa Vilakku – Edible lamp
Cauliflower stir fry
Cabbage, carrot, green peas stir-fry
Vazhaipoo thuvaiyal / Banana flower Chutney
Butter beans masala
Paruppu vadai, Rava Paniyaram, Maa urundai
Spicy Mashed potato / Urulai kilangu masiyal
Kalakand is one of my favourite which I wanted try from long back, so thought of trying this recipe for this Diwali. Kalakand is one of the most delicious sweet because of its grainy texture, milky flavor and the crunchy pista’s. Let us move on to the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Diwali / Deepavali sweets and savories and CLICK HERE for more dessert recipes.
- Milk – 1 ¼ litre
- Curd – ½ cup or lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Condensed milk – 3 tbsp
- Saffron – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Pistachios – 8 nos
Making of Kalakand –
- Boil 1 litre milk, when it starts boiling add curd and keep the flame to low. Keep mixing till the water separates.
- Chop the pistachios into fine pieces and crumble saffron into small pieces.
- Keep stirring until the whey separates completely. Filter the whey and collect it in the container. Now collect the panner.
- Wash the panner in the running water and drain the water. There should be no water in the panner.
- Boil ¼ litre milk in a heavy bottomed kadai and keep it in low flame till it reduces to half the quantity.
- Add the panner to the milk, followed with sugar and condensed milk. Keep stirring till it becomes thick and comes to the rolling consistency.
- Pour it in a tray and level it.
- Sprinkle the pistachios and saffron’s.
- Refrigerate it for an hour and then cut into pieces and serve.
Condensed milk in milk
Sugar and caramom powder in milk
Panner in milk
Panner getting thicken
Getting set in a tray