Recently got an invite to Tea Trails, where we tried almost 10 to 15 varieties of tea. The best part of tea trail is the tea came in the form of food ranging from soup, salad till rice. When it comes to tea, I like having tea without milk may be a black tea, white tea or green tea. I too had fruit flavored teas in Ooty and use to buy few packets which would stay close to a year or to our next trip. But here I had wide range of teas like bubble tea, oolong tea, better wife and the one I liked to the core is the Red Zen tea. So now I am happy that I need not pack tea from Ooty, just a few kms drive in Koramangala, Bangalore I would numerous flavor of tea and tea infused food.
About Tea Trails: Tea trails is the first chain of Tea cafes in India which brings the fast emerging International trend with a desi tea. Zone8 Tea World Pvt Ltd runs Tea Trails brand cafes in India which was launched in 2013 by a group of entrepreneurs.
They serve gourmet Teas from around the world and ranges from hot to cold and normal to extravagant. They have 80 varieties of Tea with various blends, flavors ranging from white to green tea, oolong to herbal tea. They also offer bubble tea like Taiwanese Bubble Tea and Tapioca Bubble Tea.
It has unique concept of offering tea with food. The signature tea infused dishes include Burmese Tea Salad, Tea Marbled Eggs, Tea infused Thai Bowl and more.
They come in different outlets like, café, Bistro, Mini Café and Kiosk. After witnessing success in Mumbai, the brand has expanded to Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, New Delhi, Vizag and Bangalore. Launch in some other cities are also in pipeline.
Let me share few varieties of tea with the food paring:
- Silver Needle with Bun Maska – A premium white tea paired with Bun Maska (soft bun with thick smudge of butter).
- Kashmiri Kahwa with Salad – Exotic blend of Green tea, spices & almonds with Tea infused salad.
- Burmese Tea Salad – Salad of lettuce with roasted nuts, dal and infused with fermented green tea. A signature dish of the brand.
- Olive & Green Tea Bruschetta – A tangy infusion of fermented green tea and olive in Bruschetta.
- Blooming Tea – Hand woven green tea leaved steeped in hot water.
- 3 Cheese Risotto with Oolong Tea – Very rich risotto made up of parmesan , cheddar& gruyere cheese, served with green tea butter and paired with Oolong Tea.
- Lapsang Souchong – Black tea from china, with a smoky flavor and paired with a smoky paneer sandwich.
- Lychee Bubble Tea – Lychee flavored bubble tea with fruit bubbles, the bubbles where has the texture of jelly which makes fun.
- Matcha Shake – Thick drink made with Japenese green tea.
- Green Tea Hummus – Hummus infused with green tea.
- Better Wife – Sweetened concoction of Fruit juice, herbs and green tea.
- Kullad chai – Spiced chai served in an earthern ware Kullad and paired with Onion Pakoda.
- Red Zen – It comes with a fantastic red color and wonderful flavor, which is a mix of herbs, fruits and flowers. Goes well with fruity desserts. My FAVORITE.
A good treat for tea lovers, I am not going to say a specific tea to give a try, as here everything is different from one another from its flavor till the color and so each and every thing is a must to try.