Gulab Jamun and Rasgulla being my all-time favorite sweet right from childhood, recently when I came across this Bread Gulab Jamun from my friend, wanted to try it immediately. Luckily had 7 to 8 bread slices leftover from our breakfast, so tried out immediately.
CLICK HERE for more Diwali sweets / snacks recipe and CLICK HERE for more Dessert recipes.
Bread Gulab Jamun is an easy, simple and instant sweet recipe that can be prepared easily and perfect by beginners. I have also shared out a video recipe for Instant Bread Gulab Jamun in my you tube, refer video for perfect texture. Let me share the recipe…
Making of Instant Bread Gulab Jamun / Bread Gulab Jamun Video –
- Bread slices – 7 nos
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water for sugar syrup – ¾ cup
- Rose white essence – 2 drops
- Milk powder – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Full cream – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Ghee / Oil – 1 cup (for frying)
- Cut the corners of the bread, chop them into medium pieces, grind them to coarse powder.
- Add milk powder, full cream, crumble it well.
- Sprinkle milk little by little, and knead it gently and roll it to a dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions, roll it to small balls and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile add sugar, pour water in a heavy bottomed vessel, cook in medium flame until it reaches slight syrup consistency.
- Crush the cardamom, add it to the sugar syrup along with the lemon juice (to avoid the syrup from crystallizing).
- Heat oil / ghee in a vessel, gently drop the rolled-out bread balls and deep fry it in medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- Drain the oil and remove it from fire.
- Transfer it to the sugar syrup, once its ready, let it rest for 3 hours.
Serve it. You can serve it along with ice cream.